PDA

View Full Version : Question about Puppia

KingstonsMom
26th September 2006, 10:52 PM
How do you put on a Puppia harness? Right now I'm using a step-in harness and it's so hard to get Kingston's little legs in it because he squirms. Is Puppia the same way?

Cathy Moon
27th September 2006, 12:07 AM
With the Puppia, first you put the pup's head into the the soft 'collar', then you reach underneath and grab the end of the strap, bring it around the side to the puppy's back, push it through the little loop, pull it down the other side and clip it to the harness near the puppy's armpit - and this is the fun part - trying not to catch any of the puppy's hair in the clasp!!

Easy to do on a well-behaved dog! Nothing is easy with a puppy!! :lol:

Kdemars
27th September 2006, 02:18 PM
If Ella hasn't been sleeping (as this is the easiest time to get her in the harness) I give her a treat to occupy her while I put on the puppia. She seems to think that her harness is a toy that should be eaten - this makes for some difficulty getting it over her head so I put something in her mouth and it works like a charm.

It's not very complicated to get on - you stick their heads through, pull one leg through a large opening (this is because I always leave the strap through the loop) and then try not to clip hair when you clasp it as Cathy said.

Ella doesn't like it but she is getting more and more okay with it as I think she realizes she doesn't have a choice.

Claire
27th September 2006, 02:28 PM
Put your hand through the neck whole and then place you hand over the mouth area.... and then move the harness over.