• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The dreaded Diarrhoea

Claire L

Rudee was up four times last night with diarrhoea and this morning she went downstairs and we didn't hear her bark to go out, or, maybe she was just caught short, poor baby. She poohed all over the kitchen floor.
Rudee hasn't done that in years...
I took her to our Vet and he gave her and injection and some tabs to take but I was really worried because he said if she vomits or continues to have diarrhoea then I should call him straight away. Right now she's just lying in her usual spot at the dining room door, where she can see everything.. I will try my best to starve her for today and hopefully she will be OK.
I know she is 12 yrs + and I'm not going to have her forever but the vet really scared me this morning. I've heard people say that their dogs just suddenly went from being fine to getting very sick and then they were gone. Please say a little prayer for my baby - I'm not ready to lose her yet. Thanks

Ah Claire, hopefully she has just cotracted a little bug and will be right as rain in a day or so. I will be thinking of you both, please keep us informed as to how she is. :(

Claire, hopefully she just picked up something that upset her stomach, hope Rudee is feeling a little/much better... give her kisses and hugs from me... :flwr:

Oh Claire, :(

lets just hope she will bounce back and it's just been something she has picked up...

We all love and adore her, she is a very special girl..

(((hugs))) for you both, keep us updated. :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

I'm doing a "firm poo" dance for Rudee (you don't know - it could work). We'll pray for a mild bug and full, fast recovery. :hug: :flwr: :hug:

We're here for ya...you it also could b since she is a lil older her immune system is a lil weak so she caught it pretty bad...praying that she'll b bac to her old self in no time

Claire - poor Rudee, upset tummies are no fun. Hoping it's just a little bug and some rest will help clear it up. Sending prayers your way!

Claire

Dudley had a bad bout of diarehea about 6 weeks ago or so, I was beside myself. It lasted for about 5 days, I took him to the Vet she gave him probiotics and something to line his stomach and a antiobiotic.

It took him almost 2 weeks to get back to himself, I now put pure pumpkin in his food 3 to 4 times a week. He doesn't like it, so I only put a wee bit. I was also giving him water by syringe as he refused to drink,
so just in case she is not drinking either do that or give her ice cubes.

He had caught a bug, I pray to God that is what Rudee has and she will bounce back. Dudley was vomiting also and we had to keep him off food for 24 hours then boiled chicken and rice.

Bless her I will be thinking of you, as just going through it I know how you feel I felt so helpless. But Claire although we are far away, we are all here for you.

Luv
Linda & The Boys :lotsaluv:

I hope Rudee is doing better. I am thinking of her. Please keep us posted on how she's doing .. :flwr:

I'm also hoping Rudee will bounce back! When Holly was a pup, she had several days of fairly spectacular runs that started very suddenly. I was in pieces- I'd read about toy dog pups going downhill at railroad speed from dehydration. Vet was lovely- told me to starve her for 24 hours with water, then try a tiny bit of pasta in flavoured stock... and antibiotics. She improved, then relapsed, then improved properly and no problems since- none that can't be directly attributed to my father's idiocy, rather.. :D

All the best.

Oh Claire, poor you and poor Rudee :( Let's hope it's just an upset tummy bug. Sending you positive thoughts that it is.

Actually, this time of year is notorious for tummy bugs for humans and animals. It's because the weather isn't warm enough or cold enough to kill off the bugs that cause them.

Big huggles for our gorgeous Rudee xxxxx :flwr: xxxxx

Yes... how is Rudee today?

Have you tried arrowroot biscuits? When Merlin was a baby we struggled to get the right poo consistancy. We gave him arrow root biscuits when he had liquid gold and that seemed to firm him up, and cheer him up as he was having human food!

Good news Kdemars -your firm poo dance worked :D Rudee was very quiet yesterday. She just lay down in her usual spot for most of the day.
I thought I was going to have problems starving her because usually by teatime she gets her appetite back and hounds me for food but she showed no interest at all yesterday and I was really worried. My hubby took her to the beach for twenty mins last night just before it got dark and she did a "firm pooh" :D which really surprised me as I didn't think she had anything left inside her... Last night she slept soundly and I'm glad to report that this morning I took her to the beach and she was fine , although a little slow (but that's to be expected). I've just given her a small helping of Burns with a little bit of Royal Canin mixed in for variety (she seems to like the mix) so, hopefully she will be ok :xfngr:
I can tell from looking at her eyes that she is not feeling the best, she looks tired. I'm going to bath her later tonight as she always loves to snuggle up under her towel afterwards and snore like a Grampass :slp: :slp: :slp: and once I hear her snoring - I know she's alright.
Thanks for all the support and good wishes - it makes such a difference :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Okay Kdemars - you need to teach us all how to do the poo dance :D So glad Rudee is feeling better. That sweet girl just warms my heart. Enjoy your bath and cuddles sweetheart.

Hi Claire,
How is Rudee doing. My Murphy had vomiting and diarrhea on and off for about a month. At one point She was on five medications. I finally stopped all of them and got some Slippery Elm Bark powder from the local holistic dog shop. !/4 teaspoon in her food twice a day had her back to normal! Now I feed her home made food only. Good luck, I hope Rudee is better.

Back