PDA

View Full Version : Last hope prayers

cecily
27th September 2006, 07:21 PM
Rio was admitted to hospital today after a rapid deterioration in a new condition. They've found a mass on her lungs and inflammation of the pleura. The prognosis is very poor. They are opening up her chest now to see if there's an obstruction. If there is, and they can remove it she will have a chance. If not there's nothing they can do and she will have to be put to sleep on the operating table.

We're a little in shock at the moment, especially after what we went through last week. The vet says it's unrelated, she's just been one very unlucky puppy.

We thank you again for your support last time and please just keep her in your thoughts this one last time.

Claire L
27th September 2006, 07:49 PM
Cecily, I'm storming Heaven for you! Please God Rio will make it through.
Keep the faith and know that we are all sending you our prayers, love and very best wishes - we're rooting for you Rio...
:l*v: :hug: :lotsaluv:

Molly's mom
27th September 2006, 08:16 PM
I'm just heart broken hearing this news, our thoughts and prayers are with you and little Rio.... :l*v: :xfngr: :lotsaluv:

Denise G.
27th September 2006, 08:17 PM
Cecily--I'm praying my heart out for little Rio!! Healing and loving thoughts are going your way. :luv:

Alison_Leighfield
27th September 2006, 08:38 PM
Dear Cecily, :flwr:

You have all my prayers. I'm lost as to what to say....this is such sad news....I hope Rio pulls through, sending positive thoughts your way, just wish there was something I could do.

Please let us know what happens, take care,

Alison xxx (((hugs))) & :lotsaluv:

Wilts, U.K.

Lani
27th September 2006, 08:47 PM
What an awful time you must be going through. I cannot even imagine.

I am thinking of you and praying for you that Rio will be okay ...

:xfngr:

:flwr:

Kdemars
27th September 2006, 08:55 PM
:( I am so so sorry - I have tears in my eyes as I am writing this. After all the ups and downs of just last week. It is certainly unfair. I pray the "up" to this "down" will come soon and in the form of Rio getting another chance. Please keep us posted - my prayers are with you and Rio, bless your hearts. :flwr: :hug: :flwr:

cecily
27th September 2006, 09:52 PM
We just got a call from the surgeon. Rio is still in surgery and still fighting. He's a little surprised and confused by what they found. Two of the lobes of her lungs are badly inflamed and are stuck to her chest wall from the infection. They're going to see if they can remove the damaged ones. If they can she might have a chance, but again the prognosis is fairly poor.

He said it could be a foreign body she inhaled, or an infection from the kennel when she was very young. They're going to try and localise the inflammation.

The surgeon said it's a very unusual case. She's had so much wrong with her but they've all been seemingly unrelated.

Thanks for the prayers. We have a little more hope now than we did two hours ago. Still hoping for the best for little Rio :flwr:

Coco's mom
27th September 2006, 09:59 PM
I'm so sorry you and Rio have to go through this. Such a young little girl- it's really not fair. Get better soon Rio. Keep fighting. We are thinking of you.
:flwr:

Linda
27th September 2006, 10:04 PM
Oh Dear God

Praying that she makes it through, and you hold strong.
Please keep us posted, as we will keep positivie thoughts for all of you.

She must be a little fighter to have already endured so much in her life.

:hug: :xfngr: :l*v:

amanda L
27th September 2006, 10:48 PM
Cecily, really hoping little Rio gets through her surgery, she sounds like a real fighter. Thinking really positive thoughts for you and Rio now :flwr:
:flwr: :flwr:

Cathy T
27th September 2006, 10:50 PM
Cecily - I am so very sorry you are going through so much with poor little Rio....her little life has been rough hasn't it? I'm hoping and praying she will pull through this. Hugs and more hugs.

Cathy Moon
28th September 2006, 12:10 AM
Cecily, we're hoping for the best for you and Rio and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Lisa_T
28th September 2006, 12:35 AM
Thinking of you and Rio, and hoping that the news will be good in the morning.
Take care.

Maxxs_Mummy
28th September 2006, 12:42 AM
Cecily,

Sending you, Rio and your OH all the most positive thoughts in the World.
Poor darling little Rio, she must be such a little fighter, bless her.

You (meaning all of you) just don't deserve this. You lost Aggie too young and you deserve a healthy, bouncy, lively Cavalier.

Really hoping everything is well for her. Please keep us updated as and when you have time & give the little one a big but gentle hug from me and my boys :flwr:

molly
28th September 2006, 05:37 AM
You and little Rio are in our thoughts and prayers. Sending best wishes and hopes that things will improve for this little warrior.

Alison_Leighfield
28th September 2006, 08:21 AM
Have we any news on the little guy?

Cecily how are you?.... be strong (((hugs))) :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

cecily
28th September 2006, 08:41 AM
Thanks Alison, we're not too bad this morning.

The vet rang us late last night (we were in bed, he'd just finished, bless him). Unbelievably Rio got through the surgery. She's so tiny, even for a cavalier puppy that I couldn't imagine her surviving it (that and the vet was nearly hopeless beforehand).

Seemingly they managed to remove the damaged lung lobes and closed her up. She's on a drip and feeding tube and if she got through the night she could have a chance. He said she was very critical last night and didn't know if she'd be strong enough to keep going, but she's fought thus far so... :xfngr:

It so helped last night to know that there was so many people around the world wishing her well. Hopefully Aggie *ng*l told her to turn away from the bridge! I'll post after work, when I should know a lot more. :thnx:

cecily
28th September 2006, 08:41 AM
Thanks Alison, we're not too bad this morning.

The vet rang us late last night (we were in bed, he'd just finished, bless him). Unbelievably Rio got through the surgery. She's so tiny, even for a cavalier puppy that I couldn't imagine her surviving it (that and the vet was nearly hopeless beforehand).

Seemingly they managed to remove the damaged lung lobes and closed her up. She's on a drip and feeding tube and if she got through the night she could have a chance. He said she was very critical last night and didn't know if she'd be strong enough to keep going, but she's fought thus far so... :xfngr:

It so helped last night to know that there was so many people around the world wishing her well. Hopefully Aggie *ng*l told her to turn away from the bridge! I'll post after work, when I should know a lot more. :thnx:

judy
28th September 2006, 08:49 AM
cecily, what an ordeal, it's so good to hear she has made it this far. you have wonderful veterinary care, from what you've said. i hope love can pull her through, it sounds like everyone is surprised she has survived to this point, not least of all the vet. We are all calling her back. and she sure is trying. waiting to hear from you. :xfngr: :hug:

misty
28th September 2006, 09:49 AM
I'm so sorry I didn't see this last night.

My prayers are with you.

amanda L
28th September 2006, 11:03 AM
Cecily, Thank God, Rio's come through her surgery, I really was thinking of you both last night and just how traumatic this is for you. :xfngr: , I'm really hoping she will make it through critical care soon :flwr:

pippa
28th September 2006, 11:46 AM
Oh dear, cecily, I 'm so sorry I didn't see this yesterday.

I am so upset for you I hope today goes well for you all.

You don't deserve this,any of you.

Rio is such a lovely brave little girl and a fighter, I really hope she pulls through this.

Thinking of you :flwr: xxx and hugs for rio from me.

Mary
28th September 2006, 11:49 AM
Thinking lots of positive thoughts for little Rio. She made it thru surgery and that is amazing. She had got spunk/fight in her...so one step at a time.....Get better Rio. :flwr:

Lisa_T
28th September 2006, 12:02 PM
Oh Cecily, I'm so pleased she's made it thus far! Praying she keeps going...

Alison_Leighfield
28th September 2006, 01:04 PM
Thank heavens she has come this far, hang on in there.....

Thinking of you all. :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

merlinsmum
28th September 2006, 02:12 PM
Cecily, my prayers go out to you and Rio. Glad she has come through the surgery, she's a little fighter and we're all gunning for her.

Claire
28th September 2006, 02:44 PM
One step and on to the next step - Cavaliers are so brave.... come on Rio..... hugs and licks coming over.

joanna
28th September 2006, 03:05 PM
Hi all,
I have been in touch with Cecily this morning and sadly little Rio lost her fight for life during the night. Cecily and her husband are very upset but relieved that her suffering is over. Little Rio went through an awful lot for such a young puppy and is at peace now. She would have been only 12 weeks old today.

Cecily will post when she's feeling better and thanks everyone for their good wishes.

Joanna

Claire
28th September 2006, 03:53 PM
OMG - poor little Rio..... sitting here crying...GOD you are a **** head sometimes. :cry*ing: Run free at the bridge little one with no more pain.

Denise G.
28th September 2006, 03:56 PM
Cecily--I'm so sorry to hear about little Rio. She was such a fighter but her little body just wouldn't cooperate with her strong spirit. She's free now and I pray that your heart can find peace in that.

You and your husband were so wonderful to see that she got the best care. I know Rio must have felt your love every minute of her ordeal...

All the best--

LauraD
28th September 2006, 04:07 PM
Cecily, oh my god my heart is breaking for you. :cry*ing: I can't even imagine your pain. Please know that you gave Rio the best life possible and you are not alone out there. We're sending all our healing thoughts to you and your family. :flwr:

merlinsmum
28th September 2006, 04:08 PM
Cecily, you did your absolute best for Rio, try and seek consolation in that fact.

My hearfelt wishes go out to both you and your husband. Be at peace now that Rio is no longer suffering and is running round the big grass field in heaven with Aggie, her now bestest friend.

Cathy T
28th September 2006, 04:18 PM
Oh I am so sorry Cecily :hug: I've had little Rio on my mind for the last few days and was just devastated to hear she did not make it. Poor little girl sure gave it everything she had though didn't she?! You did everything you could for her and it sounds like she had the best possible care. Rest in peace Rio, your fight is over and now you are at peace. Hugs.

Alison_Leighfield
28th September 2006, 05:07 PM
Cecily,

I am broken hearted to read about little Rio, :cry*ing:

I am so very, very sorry for your loss.

Alison, Wilts, U.k.

judy
28th September 2006, 05:15 PM
:( :cry*ing: :paw:

:hug:

:d*g:

*ng*l

Maxxs_Mummy
28th September 2006, 05:22 PM
Oh Cecily I am so so sorry about little Rio :cry*ing:

You just don't deserve this. My heart goes out to you and your hubby.

Run free at the bridge little Rio, no more pain and suffering. *ng*l

:hug: For you both :hug:

amanda L
28th September 2006, 05:31 PM
So so sorry and sad to hear this Cecily, sending :hug:

Kdemars
28th September 2006, 05:32 PM
I am so sorry. Don't know what to say - I'm just sorry. :(

arasara
28th September 2006, 05:34 PM
I guess I am too much of a softie, I have been crying since I read the update.

Cecily,
I am so sorry to hear of everything that happened. Like I have told you before, don't beat yourself up over it and PLEASE remember how wonderful you were to little rio and how wonderful of a mommy you are. She couldn't have asked to be put in a better place. She is smiling down on you right now I am sure saying "thank you for everything, Mommy" Take care of yourself Cecily and please keep in touch. :hug: :hug: :hug:

*ng*l RIP Little Rio, have fun with your big sister at the bridge. *hugZ!*

pippa
28th September 2006, 08:43 PM
Cecily I am so sorry, I am in tears writing this, I do hope you will keep in touch. You did your very best for little rio.

Please feel free to pm me at anytime if you need to talk.

I have been keeping my family up to date about your little girl and they are all thinking of you.

Rio will always be your little girl.......... :flwr: xx

Lani
28th September 2006, 08:59 PM
Cecily,

I read the news this morning and I was (and still am) just moved to tears ... I didn't post anything this morning because I couldn't figure out anything to say that might help.

Well, I am sure I still can't say anything to really help. But I just wanted to tell you that I am thinking about you and feeling for you although I cannot even begin imagine or comprehend your heartache, especially after all you've been through lately. *ng*l

I just want to let you know how sorry I am for you and that I am thinking about you as you. :flwr:

Karlin
28th September 2006, 09:11 PM
Oh Cecily, I am so, so sorry to hear about Rio -- I have been travelling back to Ireland over the past 24 hours and only now catching up on threads. My sincere sympathies. I am just so sorry both you and Rio went through all of this together. :(

WillowsMom
28th September 2006, 10:46 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this - Rio was just a day younger than our little one - I can't even imagine how you feel right now.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Claire L
28th September 2006, 10:53 PM
Cecily, I wish I could take your pain and bear it for you - I am so saddened by your loss :cry*ing:
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers... :hug:

Jen
28th September 2006, 10:54 PM
I am so, so sorry to hear this. I've been thinking of little Rio often and popping in to see what's been going on. This just makes me so sad, to think of all she had to deal with being such a little girl--she was so brave. She was very, very lucky to have you Cecily. Thinking of you and your family. :flwr:

Linda
28th September 2006, 11:07 PM
Cecily

I can not imagine the pain you are feeling for the loss of such a little one, may she be running free of pain forever more.

Please know that we are all thinking of you and hold you in our prayers, such a sad sad day.

Luv & Hugs
Linda & The Boys

Molly's mom
28th September 2006, 11:18 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Nicki
28th September 2006, 11:19 PM
oh I'm so very sorry what dreadful news...

Play happily at the Bridge little baby...

Thinking of you and your family - you are in our prayers.

Cupcake Love
28th September 2006, 11:24 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss; what a devastating thing to have happen. :(

*hugs*

Lisa_T
29th September 2006, 12:09 AM
Cecily, there's nothing I can say. Take care, and treasure the happy memories you do have.

Thinking of you and your husband.

Spencer'sMom
29th September 2006, 12:32 AM
Cecily- I'm heartbroken for you and your family. Please know that we're thinking about you and your precious baby.

Coco's mom
29th September 2006, 01:38 AM
Cecily, I am so sorry to hear about your little girl. Thinking of you and your family. :flwr:

Remali
29th September 2006, 02:46 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Rio Cecily. Gosh, I don't know what to say, I have tears in my eyes. Just be comforted in knowing that she had a wonderful and happy life with you and that she did not suffer.

Mary
29th September 2006, 03:28 AM
I am so sorry Cecily...Rio was so fortunate to have had you as her special people. She touched your life and will always be in your heart. Hugs to you and your family in this devastating time.

molly
29th September 2006, 03:37 AM
I am so sad to hear of your loss. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

Cathy Moon
29th September 2006, 04:40 AM
My heart goes out to you, Cecily, so sorry for your loss of little Rio. I'm sending hugs across the ocean. Cherish your happier memories of your sweet baby.

Sally
29th September 2006, 05:51 AM
Cecily, I'm so sorry to hear this sad, sad news. I tried to reply several times earlier today, but I was at the office, and the tears just flowed. Rio was so lucky to have you in her life...and to know a love with no bounds.

My heart and sympathies go out to you and your family. :hug:

bsam101
29th September 2006, 05:54 AM
Don’t cry for me I’m doing fine,
I’m in heaven now with wings that shine,
It makes me sad to see you cry,
but I’ve big fields and flowers up here in the sky,
God gave me all I could ever dream,
It’s a place more beautiful than you have ever seen,
While there on earth I saw your smile,
bringing me peace if just for a while.
Now as I live in eternal bliss,
please just know I send you a kiss,
I loved the time you devoted to me,
but want one last thing, for you to smile for me.

Author unknown

luvzcavs
29th September 2006, 06:45 AM
So sorry you had to go through this and for your loss.

Be proud of yourself for giving Rio everything you had to try and help her, she will be with you now helping you get through I'm sure.

You need to be kind to yourself right now and know we are all here to give you support whether it's 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 years from now.
Love, hugs, kisses (and licks from the boys) xxx

misty
29th September 2006, 04:03 PM
I'm just so very sorry to hear this sad news about Rio. :(

Don't know what to say that will help, but we are all here for you when you're ready.

cecily
29th September 2006, 05:28 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the sympathies. I can't tell you how much it means. Both Billy and I were a little astounded by how many of you it touched and wrote messages. I meant to reply sooner to say thanks but my Dad's in hospital getting a pacemaker and although he's sure to be fine it's just meant a bit more rushing around than usual. It never rains but it pours...

We collected poor Rio yesterday. You wouldn't believe the work those vets in UCD Veterinary Hospital put into saving her. The vet who looked after her was absolutely devastated. He had also treated her for the MMM and was completely shocked that this condition had come on so quickly. It was so acute he's quite suspicious it might have been some sort of an aggressive tumour, although it might have been something underlying and when she was taking the steroids her immune system couldn't cope. They did manage to remove the damaged lobes but she was unstable after surgery and passed away around 2am Thursday morning.

We are utterly devastated and miss her terribly, but don't regret one second of our time with Rio. She was a wonderful pup and my mum thinks she was just too good for this world. There's a little bit of a sense of the inevitable about it also, because she has had such a tough time of it. I'm relieved her suffering is over now.

So thank you again for your support during all her ups and downs. It's so great to have somewhere to turn where everybody understands.

:flwr: :flwr:

Kdemars
29th September 2006, 06:07 PM
I think you're mom is right, someone upstairs wanted this little sweetheart for himself - think of the fun she is having running around without being sick! I hope you find comfort soon and please know that the pouring will stop and there will be sunshine when you least expect it. I hope your father is doing wonderfully and that you can feel all the thoughts and warm fuzzies we are all sending you now. :hug: :flwr:

judy
29th September 2006, 10:51 PM
cecily
thanks for sharing more of what happened--even though she was sick with the MMM and had such troubling symptoms last week, it was still so shocking to hear about her sudden crisis. death is so hard to reconcile with the spirit of a child. yet sometimes it must be done. how honored you must feel to have shared her short precious time here, the many joys of knowing her.

hoping the best for your dad, and for you and billy to soon have some peace.

*ng*l

pippa
30th September 2006, 12:43 AM
Cecily,Thankyou for posting it must be so hard for you .

Best of luck to you and your husband and hope your Dad is up and about again soon.

Take care :flwr: