• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Arthur (the 2nd) is home....

duncans_ma

As you all may remember, we were all settled on Arthur, a little ruby boy that our breeder would have ready for us last week (at 8 weeks old). Well Arthur is home, but it is not the baby we planned on. Our breeder had a 17 week old ruby boy that is the cousin of the orignal litter. (She and her sister have worked together breeding cavs together and live 2 states apart). Anyway, long story short - this is the same line - they share a grandfather - and this little man was precious. Although we were all excited about a little baby puppy this "toddler" captured us the minute we walked in. He has one undescended testicle and given to our breeder to try and find a home.

The twists and turns in this story make this whole thing so kismet. We went back to our hotel and stayed up late making our decision, but we both felt the same way. We didn't want this guy to get passed up due to his unfortunate circumstances (being the older dog amongst puppies) and actually thought it might be easier on us given work hours, etc and he is 1/2 house-trained, etc....

So, Arthur, an older Arthur, came to be with us. The puppy we passed on was purchased by a sweet family and even our Duncan seems somewhat ok with his new brother...

I love you, I hate you...
254241471_7fda730603_m.jpg

New brothers....
254241469_a164825667_m.jpg

Closeup...
254241466_f61ec8958b_m.jpg

Obviously meant to be this way!!!

This little boy was just there waiting for you...
Enjoy... he looks a fab baby! :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

He is SOOOO adorable!!! :lotsaluv:

Congratulations!!!! :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah:

Gotta love those little male ruby puppies!! I love the little white stripe down his face too ... Lucky has one also and I just think it is precious! (actually ... I think he looks a LOT like Lucky!)

This definitely sounds like it was meant to be Arthur looks lovely and what great pictures of him sleeping next to Duncan. I am sure Duncan will soften up very soon, if he is already letting the little guy snuggle up to him.

What a cutie pie! he's adorable and so sweet - not like my new one who looks like a bear at only 6 weeks!

Ah, fate is such an interesting thing. Arthur is precious! :luv: He will fit into your lives quite well I imagine. Before long you will wonder what it was like before he came. Congratulations and enjoy!! b*n*n*

The white stripes seem to happen often on rubies. My ruby baby (currently contemplating 'Chloe' subject to parents approval- wish I wasn't such a wimp) has one running from above her eyes to her nose. And for an absolutely precious (adult) ruby, check this:

http://www.kenneldrumadowney.co.uk/new_page_4.htm

Look for 'Lucy in Central Park' and then find the one of her going through the snow *drool* Incidentally, 'Lucy' is both my ruby baby's half sister, and closely related to my B/T, whose mother was a Glenorr! How's that for coincidences?

:D :D

Oh what a sweet baby, hope you'll all be really happy together & don't worry about him and Duncan - it's amazing that Duncan is letting him snuggle up already - it took Maxx months to let Charlie anywhere near him!

Ashley,
I'm so glad you chose him! They are both lovely, and they've snuggled up together so soon - that's a very good sign they'll be close. :flwr:

He is a beautiful boy. I think that it was meant to be. Others might not have understood his problem. I think God sent you there for a reason... to be his new mummy :D
Julie and the girls

aaww He's adorable!! and Duncan seems to have taken to him..well it all worked out well in the end!

Back