PDA

View Full Version : North Wales - Cavalier saved

Cathy T
30th September 2006, 03:15 AM
Anyone see this story? Glad these boys found him and took care of him. Poor little guy

http://icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/regionalnews/tm_objectid=17841639&method=full&siteid=50142&headline=dog-who-can-t-cry-is-saved-from-starving--name_page.html

judy
30th September 2006, 05:28 AM
aw, poor little fella. i wish they had a picture--i'm curious about what they meant by "tan." I hope he finds his owner, or a great new home.

matties mum
30th September 2006, 08:03 AM
I want him, Tan is the Ruby colour I think Aileen

merlinsmum
30th September 2006, 10:11 AM
Poor little man, bet he was petrified. Hope someone takes him soon and takes good care of him.

Cathy Moon
30th September 2006, 02:53 PM
I'm so glad the boys did the right thing and got this little one some help. I hate to think of what this little one went through alone. :(

Karlin
30th September 2006, 05:03 PM
He's not a cavalier however, he's a King Charles -- though they do mention cavaliers in the context of dry eye. In the UK English Toys are called King Charles Spaniels (just to make things confusing).

Any UK members might want to ring in about adopting? :)

Maxxs_Mummy
30th September 2006, 05:23 PM
Thank goodness he was found and that the boys got him help - just goes to show that not all teenage boys are thugs :flwr:

judy
30th September 2006, 06:21 PM
He's not a cavalier however, he's a King Charles -- though they do mention cavaliers in the context of dry eye. In the UK English Toys are called King Charles Spaniels (just to make things confusing).

So that's why they were calling him Charley. Do KCS dogs come in tan color? I know cocker spaniels do, although i might call it gold. there have been a couple of beautiful ones at the dog park, i love that golden color.

Nicki
30th September 2006, 07:57 PM
yes King Charles Spaniels come in exactly the same colour ways as Cavaliers, although confusingly they are sometimes called different names!!

Eg the Tricolour can be known as Prince Charles...

Karlin
30th September 2006, 11:53 PM
People often describe ruby KCS and CKCS as 'tan' over here, and blenheims as tan and white. I see that more often that red or red and white if people are not familiar with the colour terms for the breed. I think the ruby King Charles are really cute.

Maxxs_Mummy
1st October 2006, 01:15 PM
I phoned the RSPCA centre about this little man this morning, offering to foster him. He's already in short term foster care with one of their regular helpers & may soon have a home when he's well enough to go.

I've put my name down with them to foster any Cavaliers or Charlies though :D

Nicki
1st October 2006, 03:51 PM
Oh well done Donna...hmmm fostering, do you think you will be able to part with them??? :D