• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Where can I find a rope ring?

Lisa_T

Just a plain, simple rope ring. No add-ons. No bits in the middle. Just a rope ring like the one below:

257787687_ae0d5a6a70_o.jpg

See what I mean? This toy is Holly's absolute favourite, but it's been thrown and fetched and tugged, and I'm not expecting it to last much longer. I really need a replacement. She's not interested in the fancier kinds- I've tried! Having said that, the ring came wrapped in a rawhide strip. She had a ball getting the rawhide off...Anyone? Please help!

It was a fluke. Petsmart was selling them cheap one year in a couple of sizes- just before christmas. I generally only buy one new toy at a time since Holly can be picky, but she adored that from the word go. I've kicked myself ever since for not buying a secondone, especially since I actually had a second one in my hand before I changed my mind! I went back only a couple of weeks later and they were all gone, and I've never seen them, or anything like it, since :bawl:

Where's the head banging smilie when you want it?!

Don't worry! You will find one! :*bay: There has got to be one the internet somewhere, out there... :)

That sounds suspiciously like an advert for ET..

I froogled it but no luck. Will keep trying though! In the meantime it means poor Holly's fun with throw'n'fetch will be severely curtailed in an attempt to make the ring last longer. We've tried her with balls, but she loses interest quickly- the last time ended up running out on the road and it was pure good luck that it was Sunday and the road was clear. Never again! Mind, part of the problem was my mum and gran's decision to stay in the car, and the other part was that I let her off the lead too soon after entering the park, but it was a very scary experience.

hiya lisa,

I was in pets @ home the other night and they have got the rope toys in that you are looking for - they have a chew around them. You will find them with all the xmas prezzies.

Hope this helps : :D

Really? Great. Thanks- I wonder if they do them online and I can order. If so I'm getting a dozen, since Chloe has taken to running after Holly's ring, much to her disgust. :lol: :lol:

Lisa_T said:
Really? Great. Thanks- I wonder if they do them online and I can order. If so I'm getting a dozen, since Chloe has taken to running after Holly's ring, much to her disgust. :lol: :lol:

Gah, they don't. And I'm not going out with my mum or grandmother this weekend, so it'll probably be a while before I can get to a petsathome. I hope they're not all gone by the time I do get there! :yikes :yikes

Could you get something like this
CLICK
and just cut the ball off with a razor blade or something?

They also have some in bulk
CLICK

It looks like it would be really easy to remove the extraneous material from something like this next one, just scissors. Zack has a couple of these, and i think he enjoys both rope and non-rope parts of the toy.

CLICK

CLICK

The prices are pretty cheap, not like you are paying a lot more for that extra stuff that you would be removing.

Lisa - I think they have them at www.petplanet.co.uk - and I think they deliver to Ireland, if not if you can wait a little I will go to Pets at Home when I get back and get you some and then post them off.

i saw a rope ring in marks and spencers today, we have a dog section in our store as its quite big. worth having a look near u

Thanks for all your help! BTW, apparently in petsathome it's called 'holiday surprise' by beefeaters. Doesn't seem to be on their website yet, and can't find it on petplanet- but thanks for suggestions. Will check out M&S too!

I may end up getting one of the rings with things in the middle, but the trouble with those is that the circumference is usually significantly larger than the current version- Holly would trip herself up when trying to retrieve, I think! :D

I am so chuffed. Thanks to this thread, I popped into Petsathome today and came away with no fewer than FIVE of the rope rings shown in the pic. The guy at the checkout thought this was very amusing... :D I'm delighted! One big ring so that the two can pull on it at the same time and four little ones. Holly's existing ring has lasted for two maybe three years, so unless Chloe proves ultra destructive, I think I should be set for a good number of years now. :D :D

I've just come looking for this thread as I bought some of those rope rings today. I said to Alison when I picked them up that I'm sure someone had posted here that they wanted one but we couldn't remember who!

If you need any more let me know and I will pick you some up when I am next at Alison's house (y)

Both of mine love them. Holly is just as fixated on her new ring with the rawhide chewed off it (with a little help from Amber) as she was on the old. I don't think these new ones are as well constructed, but I'm thinking I'm going to buy some embroidery silk and reinforce the join myself. That means that even the old ring could be reintroduced into circulation- although there's no need for it, they each have one in use plus the big one- and another two (three if you include the old) in storage.

Thanks for the offer anyway. What do your boys think of them?

Back