• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Insurance help

luvzcavs

My mum is getting her cavalier baby in about 8 weeks (yes breeder researched etc) and she is going to insure it . I do not have my boys insured as it was not really the done thing here when I got them and since they have developed so many health problems there probably would not be that much covered verses the cost of insurance.

Anyway we have looked at a few of the insurance companies options and policies and it is not really that clear (but its not hard to confuse us) so could anyone help and tell me what the main questions are that we need answers to when trying to find the best insurance ??

Much appreciated

Most important: if they cover inherited conditions such as MVD and SM?

Also is there a limit on coverage and does that roll over each year or is it a lifetime limit?

What do you have to pay upfront for treatment? (insurance won;t cover most routine visits for small things but instead is designed for costlier things; still you want to know what you will need to cover).

Do they charge more for an older dog and can premiums rise for older dogs even if you insure from puppyhood?

Back