PDA

View Full Version : Digging issues

WillowsMom
5th October 2006, 11:18 PM
Willow seems to be quite the digger - she loves to go out and dig in our garden, so we can't even turn our back on her when we're outside, or there's a new hole in the lawn. :yikes

Has anyone had any luck training their dog not to dig? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks!
Krista

Cathy Moon
6th October 2006, 01:57 AM
I've noticed that if my cavs are left to their own devices for long enough outside, they will seek out and find trouble. I can never just let them out and ignore them. Either I have to go out and play fetch with them or call them in! That's the only advice I can offer. Otherwise they will eat something bad, dig, or do something equally worrisome! :shock:

Lani
6th October 2006, 02:00 AM
Hope you took pictures ... :snap:

I can't help you with the digging ... but wanted to say that I'm looking forward to seeing some of pictures of Willow after her digging sessions in the "Dirty Dogs" contest. :)

BrodieSkyward
6th October 2006, 05:32 AM
The only time Brodie digs is if I'm on the outside of the fence and he is trying to get to me...usually a No works for a few seconds :roll: I usually end up going back in or bringing him out on leash with me (he's a little spoiled when it comes to some things :yikes ). I wonder if putting booties on Willow would help stop her of the habit? Just a thought.