• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

ear cleaning

molly+charlies mum

i went back to the vet today as molly has been on steroids for 10 days for her itchy skin they have worked really well but i have to reduce them now she also had ear drops for her sore ears they have cleared up at the top of her ears but she has lots of wax right inside both ears the vet now wants her to go in on wednesday and be put out to clean right inside i am a bit worried about it as i dont like her being knocked out i know it will do her good to hear properly again ,has anyone had this done and have the ears stayed clean :d*g:

Seems a bit extream to me. Can't he give drops to soften the ear wax and it might clear like humans do?

drops

she had drops to clear her sore ears but as her ear canals are small we couldnt get them down far enough i think i might ask them if i can try the drops again

My friend's little one had to have this done and she was only at the Vets for a couple of hours. The GA they give them is a very, very mild one and she was so much better for having it done. Once they were completely cleaned then she's found it so much easier to use the drops and keep them clean :flwr: Good luck :flwr:

I'd trust the vet to clean her ears, then ask what I can do to prevent the wax from building up again. One of my pups, India, has waxy ears, so the vet gave me a bottle of Epi-Otic for cleaning her ears every 2-3 weeks.

Back