PDA

View Full Version : Cav found

sallymum
7th October 2006, 09:44 PM
Today a male cav was handed into my local vets in portarlington, he is between 2-3 yrs of age, this dog was found in Newbridge kildare Tuesday the woman that found him can no longer keep him. I am getting him later to mind as the vets nurse doesnt want him left in the vets over night by him self. She has contacted everyone that she can think of but so far no one seems to be looking for him. What is the right thing to do about this poor lad as surley someone is bound to be missing him. I will give you more details later when i see him, any info on what to do would be great.

sallymum
7th October 2006, 11:21 PM
To update Charlie as i have named him is beautiful. He is black and white with tan eyebrows. well fed. He has no collar or micro chipped. The vets nurse has tried the vets in newbridge the police, pound in kildare but no luck. I will be in newbridge tomorrow and will check the notice boards and also put some posters up.

Karlin
7th October 2006, 11:51 PM
Be careful in what you say about him on posters -- ask people to describe some distinctive mark on him as people will often say they own these dogs when they don't. Say too that you will require a picture of the dog in order for him to be reclaimed -- this is what the Dublin pounds do anyway.

I will rehome of course if I can be of help. If he is entire I would not rehome him anywhere until he is neutered -- very very important to keep him from unethical breeders or he could spend his life in a cage.

I am PMing you my number -- give me a call and we can talk about it tomorrow. If you can hold onto him and foster I'll work to home him (this should not take long). You should ring the guards in that area and report him found. Do not call the pound there as that particular pound will demand he be brought in. Posters are fine but do as noted above.

Mary
8th October 2006, 12:49 AM
So many little souls without homes. Hoping they find a loving home soon. Bless you Karlin and all other rescue folks for the good you do!

Claire
9th October 2006, 03:55 PM
I hope this little guys finds a good home, did the first lady just find him on the street?

Karlin
9th October 2006, 04:22 PM
He may be staying where he is right now; if the owners don't reclaim. :) All the relevant places have been contacted so it is a matter of waiting, now.

sallymum
10th October 2006, 04:10 PM
I hope this little guys finds a good home, did the first lady just find him on the street?

yes Charlie was found following kids around a school. Still no news from his owners, which i suppose maybe a good or bad thing. Charlie is settling well here and everybody has fell in love with him, even our grumpy cat. I have some lovely photos of him and Sally together will try and post them later(or is that not a good idea)

Karlin
10th October 2006, 08:44 PM
No. it's a great idea! :lol:

sallymum
15th October 2006, 12:09 PM
Karlin i have pm you

Karlin
15th October 2006, 03:36 PM
Give me a call; I PMd you back. Think I have a proper solution.

sallymum
31st October 2006, 06:36 PM
Just to update on Charlie, happily (not for me or Sally ) his owners have came forward. Last week got a phone call from the pound saying his owners had turned up. I know i had it sorted with them, saying he done his 5 days but when i met them i could see how happy them and Tayto was to see each other, they had gone on a months honeymoon left him they thought in safe hands, they had been looking for him for 3 days when friends rang all the pounds.
So at the moment it is like we are in morning the house is so quiet with out Charlie(he will always be Charlie to me.)Poor Sally dosent know were here brother has gone. How long do u think it will be before she gets over him.

Barbara Nixon
31st October 2006, 08:13 PM
I know how you feel. Some years ago, we took in a stray collie cross, but kept him instead of letting him go to the dogs' home. After two weeks, I had cause to ring the home, on another matter, and they said an owner had come forward. I felt so hollow, because he'd fitted in so well.

However, I was lucky, because I was able to get the unsuitable owners to let us keep him. They had a baby due and the dog had been a birthday present, from his aunt, to their two year old son.

Karlin
1st November 2006, 01:26 AM
Oh, that's a bittersweet ending. How relieved they must have been but how hard to find he has good owners after he had such a long time with you. I'm sure Sally will adjust quickly -- but likewise, if you are thinking of another, just talk to me. :lol:

Cathy Moon
1st November 2006, 03:29 AM
That was so kind of you and Sally to take him in and keep him safe until his owners found him. So sorry you both have to adjust to his leaving!

Cathy T
1st November 2006, 03:46 AM
Although this is hard on you guys you surely did the right thing. Just think of how relieved they must be to have their pup back. You did the right thing...hat's off to you!

lorin
1st November 2006, 05:38 AM
Wish we could do rescue but we've got our hands full with 2 :yikes

sallymum
1st November 2006, 12:50 PM
I know it was for the best and his owners are really lovely people, i know this sounds sad but it feels like a death in the family. Might think about rehoming another little boy but at the moment i dont think it would be the right time, give it couple of months.

Maxxs_Mummy
1st November 2006, 10:30 PM
What a lovely ending that his folks did actually come forward fro him and care for him though :D

Sorry you and Sally are so upset but imagine how you'd feel if it was your Sally :(

Well done for letting him go home :flwr: