View Full Version : In foster: little ruby female in Kilkenny city area

7th October 2006, 10:54 PM
I have had a call from a rescue who found a small ruby female dashing through traffic in the Tipp/Kilkenny area. She is very underweight, in heat, very scared and exhausted. No microchip. No one in that area has reported a missing cavalier. Rescue guesses she is around 3-4.

Is there anyone in that region who could get her and hold her for a couple of days or longer term foster? This is very urgent as the people who rescued her rescued her near an encampment and there are concerns that people will try to get her back despite her obvious state of severe neglect and the indication tnat no one cares much for her or has in a long time. At the moment she is being held in a special location but has to be crated and this is definitely not desireable.

She will need to be held in a very secure house with a very secure garden as she is small and could fit through a hole in or under a fence. She is very anxious and trying to escape as is so a calm and quiet environment where she can be safely held in a room or two and watched in a garden, and allowed to find her feet, is important. Because she is in heat she cannot be taken out on walks. Alternatively if someone can hold her even for two days or so, I could get her Tuesday or Wednesday and then would be seeking a foster near Dublin. I just am unable myself to get her in the next two days.

She would likely benefit from being around other cavaliers (neutered obviously for males) in the home. I am told she looks like she has been harrassed by male dogs because of her state. It took the people a long, long time to catch her.

I am very grateful for those who have initially rescued this poor thing. :flwr:

7th October 2006, 11:12 PM
Karlin, if all else fails, I could take her for a few days. I have enough crates at the moment! I'm at the wrong end of the country though, but if you're desperate..Poor little thing.

7th October 2006, 11:18 PM
Thanks Lisa. Ideally I need to get her into safety immediately down there if possible, then sorted around here so I can have her vet checked and have Tara or Lisa assess her temperament etc. But I always appreciate all offers and definitely keep all in mind as I never know what will happen next -- and short term immediate help is always most appreciated when I know people can be there if needed. :) I like lots of Plan Bs...

amanda L
8th October 2006, 09:51 AM
Have posted in general dicussion section. Will be in park today

8th October 2006, 09:46 PM
Got her this afternoon. She is safe. :)

10th October 2006, 12:22 PM
I've been away for afew days at a conference so didnt see the post until today . My heart goes out to her and the stress this must have caused her .Heidi and Nifa send hugs and kisses to her

10th October 2006, 08:29 PM
The poor little thing any more news on her

brid kenny
10th October 2006, 08:51 PM
YEs She's with me at the moment. You can see photos of her here