PDA

View Full Version : Oakley is home!

merlinsmum
8th October 2006, 09:31 AM
Hi All,

Its :) :) :) :D all round! We picked Oakley up on Friday night. Merlin was petrified of him, wouldn't sit on the backseat with us on the way home so sat in the front with dad like a big boy.

By the time we got home it was gone 11 pm so everyone was quite pooped by then. Oakley made himself at home with all the toys and had a wee outside.

Oakley spent the night in the crate at the side of our bed with the door open and the pen around it. He had two widdles on the pad in the night and only cried once for about 3 minutes.

Following the advice given in the book Karlin recommends we only had two accidents yesterday :oops: - just two widdles and one was because he was excited trying to head but Merlin.

Merlin is not keen on getting too close but has gone from being petrified to actually play bowing and jumping round the kitchen with Oakley!

Oakley is completely different to Merlin as a pup. He EATS! and is very vocal! Even chewing on a chewy stick you have to make noises!

Yesterday afternoon we had them both playing football in the back garden which was great progress. :thmbsup:

Its been much easier this time and I don't feel so stressed like I did with Merlin ( being a first time mum) :lpy:

The weird thing now, is that Merlin won't go on a full walk, he keeps looking behind him as if to say "but mum, Oakley is home alone we have to go back now!" :dgwlk:

So here he is......pooped after a play - note his puppy double chin! :lol:
http://static.flickr.com/110/262931455_4245ccd0a4.jpg

misty
8th October 2006, 10:17 AM
oh my goodness, Oakley is just beautiful :) :)

Have lots of fun! :)

Nisha
8th October 2006, 10:19 AM
aww Oakley is absolutely gorgeous!!! he definetly looks satisfied to settle down after his playful day.

The weird thing now, is that Merlin won't go on a full walk, he keeps looking behind him as if to say "but mum, Oakley is home alone we have to go back now!" :lol: that is so sweet!

Maxxs_Mummy
8th October 2006, 11:02 AM
OMG Kirsty, he is deeeeeeeeeeeeelishusssssssssssssssssssssss :lotsaluv:

I'll bet Merlin is going to be the best big brother in the whole wide world :lotsaluv:

Big hugs and kisses for them both from me xxxxxx

merlinsmum
8th October 2006, 11:15 AM
Thought I'd pop a few more pics on this threadrather than opening another one just yet!

Merlin checking that Oakley has a clean bum
http://static.flickr.com/122/263720070_1f974cfa93.jpg

Oakley checking out the front room and his Dad's toes!
http://static.flickr.com/119/263720075_76dbdb778c.jpg

Snoozing after tea
http://static.flickr.com/102/263720073_60a9217db4.jpg

And Finally................. :mexwav:

Progess has been made..... Merlin and Oakley on the sofa together!
http://static.flickr.com/83/263720074_d4d1bcf831.jpg

molly+charlies mum
8th October 2006, 11:27 AM
:lotsaluv: he is lovely and merlin is he has a playmate now to have lots of fun with :wggle:

Maxxs_Mummy
8th October 2006, 11:34 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :lotsaluv: stop making me broody!!!!

Mary
8th October 2006, 11:40 AM
Awwwh what a cutie! Congratulations!

Harry & Heidi's mom
8th October 2006, 11:49 AM
so cute!
he's adorable, i can't wait for chloe to visit!

and we have the same sofa icon_whistling (except mines a corner group!) lol

merlinsmum
8th October 2006, 11:52 AM
so cute!
he's adorable, i can't wait for chloe to visit!

and we have the same sofa icon_whistling (except mines a corner group!) lol

Must be good taste! great sofa.....great choice of dog!

Harry & Heidi's mom
8th October 2006, 11:59 AM
love the throws too, where did you get them? they look lovely and fluffy

merlinsmum
8th October 2006, 12:04 PM
The throws were from Matalan and the cushions were from a local mill store......

Nicki
8th October 2006, 12:16 PM
Oh isn't he just gorgeous...bit partial to Rubies :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv:

So pleased to see them getting on already, that's a great sign. It's lovely htat Merlin doesn't want to leave him for long either.

Charleen
8th October 2006, 12:45 PM
Congratulations on bringing Oakley home. He sure looks like he is already a full member of the family.

matties mum
8th October 2006, 04:20 PM
Oh he is a cutie and so pleased that his big brother likes him :) Aileen

*Jenný*
8th October 2006, 04:24 PM
Ommygooood! :lotsaluv:
He is the cutest thing! Aww... I think I'm going to try and convince my family for another one... hmm...
And Merlin is so sweet brother :lotsaluv:
Good luck with them!

Cathy Moon
8th October 2006, 05:01 PM
He's adorable! :wggle: So glad they're getting along!

Remali
8th October 2006, 05:05 PM
Awwww, he is absolutely darling, I love the pictures of him snoozing! I bet Merlin will just love having a little brother to watch over!

*Pauline*
8th October 2006, 05:16 PM
He is adorable. How old is he?

laurenlyn1
8th October 2006, 05:26 PM
very very cute! I remember when my guy was 8 weeks, really not that long ago though since he's only 5 months old now! and there is nothing cuter that a tired puppy.

Cathy T
8th October 2006, 05:46 PM
Oakley is an absolute doll. What a sweet little bundle. It's great that he and Merlin are settling in so well. I totally relate to it being easier the second time. I was a basket case with Jake. Shelby was soooo much easier. I knew what to expect and having two I was too busy to focus so much on one. Shelby fell right into routine...just followed whatever Jake was doing.

Have fun with him. He sure is cute!

merlinsmum
8th October 2006, 06:29 PM
He is adorable. How old is he?

Oakley is 8 weeks and 2 days old - he's changed in just two days already since we picked him up

molly
8th October 2006, 06:49 PM
Oakley is just gorgeous. It is so sweet to see them together on the couch.

judy
8th October 2006, 07:22 PM
oh kirsty--it's a little ball of red fur! very beautiful. bonding with merlin sounds like it's going just fine. I think it's good that you took him in the car to pick up Oakley.

more pictures always welcome... :D

Lani
8th October 2006, 09:30 PM
Oakley is adorable !!!

Nice to see that he and Merlin are getting along :)

Lisa_T
8th October 2006, 10:34 PM
He is gorgeous! I see you've popped a collar on him already. What did he think of that? And Merlin's quick adjustment gives me hope that Holly will be equally good tomorrow- especially since, like you, I get Chloe in the evening. Assuming there's no bad vacc reaction
*everything crossed*
Lots and lots morepics, please! :D

Forest
9th October 2006, 03:04 AM
Welcome little Oakley!!! :) He is a gorgeous boy and isn't Merlin just being such a good big brother. Enjoy your babies. :D Having two is great!
Julie and the girls

BrodieSkyward
9th October 2006, 05:02 AM
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! Oakley is a real cutie and sounds like Merlin is turning into a loving big bro! Love the pics :snap: Post more soon....love seeing them together! Oh so sweet!!!

merlinsmum
9th October 2006, 02:49 PM
I'm posting some video ( when I figure it out!) and some more puppy pics on the right indexes - otherwise this individual thread will get toooo long :roll: ;)

pippa
9th October 2006, 03:02 PM
He is just beautiful. Gus was terrified of pippin for the first day but then they became like two real brothers. Gus used to look for pippin too until pippin was old enough to go out! I hope they become as close as my two ,I think they will.

I was also amused at you saying how different oakley is to merlin as a puppy my two were aswell its great the way like children they have their own little personalitys

selina
10th October 2006, 07:59 AM
:rah: Congrats on bringing your baby home. There is nothing like a chubby puppy, just adorable.