• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oakley is home!

merlinsmum

Hi All,

Its :) :) :) :D all round! We picked Oakley up on Friday night. Merlin was petrified of him, wouldn't sit on the backseat with us on the way home so sat in the front with dad like a big boy.

By the time we got home it was gone 11 pm so everyone was quite pooped by then. Oakley made himself at home with all the toys and had a wee outside.

Oakley spent the night in the crate at the side of our bed with the door open and the pen around it. He had two widdles on the pad in the night and only cried once for about 3 minutes.

Following the advice given in the book Karlin recommends we only had two accidents yesterday :oops: - just two widdles and one was because he was excited trying to head but Merlin.

Merlin is not keen on getting too close but has gone from being petrified to actually play bowing and jumping round the kitchen with Oakley!

Oakley is completely different to Merlin as a pup. He EATS! and is very vocal! Even chewing on a chewy stick you have to make noises!

Yesterday afternoon we had them both playing football in the back garden which was great progress. (y)

Its been much easier this time and I don't feel so stressed like I did with Merlin ( being a first time mum) :lpy:

The weird thing now, is that Merlin won't go on a full walk, he keeps looking behind him as if to say "but mum, Oakley is home alone we have to go back now!" :dgwlk:

So here he is......pooped after a play - note his puppy double chin! :lol:
262931455_4245ccd0a4.jpg

aww Oakley is absolutely gorgeous!!! he definetly looks satisfied to settle down after his playful day.
The weird thing now, is that Merlin won't go on a full walk, he keeps looking behind him as if to say "but mum, Oakley is home alone we have to go back now!"
:lol: that is so sweet!

OMG Kirsty, he is deeeeeeeeeeeeelishusssssssssssssssssssssss :lotsaluv:

I'll bet Merlin is going to be the best big brother in the whole wide world :lotsaluv:

Big hugs and kisses for them both from me xxxxxx

Thought I'd pop a few more pics on this threadrather than opening another one just yet!

Merlin checking that Oakley has a clean bum
263720070_1f974cfa93.jpg

Oakley checking out the front room and his Dad's toes!
263720075_76dbdb778c.jpg

Snoozing after tea
263720073_60a9217db4.jpg

And Finally................. :mexwav:

Progess has been made..... Merlin and Oakley on the sofa together!
263720074_d4d1bcf831.jpg

Harry's mom said:
so cute!
he's adorable, i can't wait for chloe to visit!

and we have the same sofa icon_whistling (except mines a corner group!) lol

Must be good taste! great sofa.....great choice of dog!

Oh isn't he just gorgeous...bit partial to Rubies :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv:

So pleased to see them getting on already, that's a great sign. It's lovely htat Merlin doesn't want to leave him for long either.

Congratulations on bringing Oakley home. He sure looks like he is already a full member of the family.

Ommygooood! :lotsaluv:
He is the cutest thing! Aww... I think I'm going to try and convince my family for another one... hmm...
And Merlin is so sweet brother :lotsaluv:
Good luck with them!

Awwww, he is absolutely darling, I love the pictures of him snoozing! I bet Merlin will just love having a little brother to watch over!

very very cute! I remember when my guy was 8 weeks, really not that long ago though since he's only 5 months old now! and there is nothing cuter that a tired puppy.

Back