PDA

View Full Version : Insurance - pay per month

Nisha
8th October 2006, 11:43 AM
Hey everyone,
after reading about how insurance is really a good idea i started looking into it myself..i went to my vets and he gave me a pamphlet which had 6 different insurance companies on it. Just wondering if any of you guys have heard/are using these companies and could recommend them (i dnt know if they are international or national companies etc)...
- AFS Pet Med
- Pet Secure
- Merial Perfect Partners Pet cover
- RSPCA Pet Insurance
- Vet Own
- Insurance Line

I also was curious as to around how much you are paying each month for it. Thankyou very much! :p

molly+charlies mum
8th October 2006, 02:26 PM
i pay £19 month to direct line pet insurance for both my dogs :d*g:

Nisha
9th October 2006, 04:46 AM
ok thnx..just curious..trying to find the better options from the different insurance companies.

judy
9th October 2006, 04:54 AM
i don't think i've heard of those, but i'm in the US, maybe that's why.
I pay $53 US a month for 100% coverage, $50 deductable per incident, lifetime maximum $6000 per illness category, somethinng like 12 illness categories about $70,000 lifetime coverage, but again, just $6000 per category. I'm hoping it will be enough. the company i have (petcare) has much lower premiums for less coverage, there's a whole range, from about $25 a month up to what i'm paying.

Nisha
9th October 2006, 09:29 AM
ok thanks Judy..yea i wasnt sure if the companies i put up were internationally based or just Australia...that could be a reason you havnt heard of them..im just trying to find out if anyone has heard of them adn could recommend them..but i it is only Australia based then i guess not much luck asking here as there are not than many aussies..ahh well..its all good

Nisha
9th October 2006, 09:30 AM
wow im really bad at this proof-reading business!

Maxxs_Mummy
9th October 2006, 10:33 AM
My dogs are both with Argos and I pay around £26 per month to insure them both. This is for £5000 worth of cover a year.

FLOYD
9th October 2006, 11:37 AM
We pay £12.60 a month with Direct Line. I had a good look around and could have got it cheaper but Direct Line seems to have the best cover...

Claire
9th October 2006, 02:14 PM
All my three are with Sainsbury's, and despite the delay to the MRI scan money, I have never had any problems with them - touch WOOD.

Nisha
10th October 2006, 05:15 AM
hi there,
thanks for all your responses..ive never actually heard of any of the insurance companies mentioned...ive been asking around and no-one knows them..i guess they are not available to australia...but i will check up on the net or sumthing about each of them..
Thankyou! :flwr: