• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Calendar dogs...

duncans_ma

Mary said:
Merlin, you are one handsome dude! You should be a calendar boy!

This just got me thinking...we should submit pictures and make our own cavalier calendar!! John and I buy one every year from the book or pet store...but maybe we could vote on the best picture for each month (I think I saw lucky with a pumpkin - that would get my vote for October) and put together our own calendar on Shutterfly, Flickr or another site that does that and then sell them for rescue donations....

Looking at Shutterfly - they are kind of pricy($20), but still I would rather spend $30 on a calendar knowing $10 was going to rescue rathar than all profits going to the local pet superstore. And to have pictures of dogs I know is a great bonus!!!

Just a thought as the holidays approach...I would certainly be willing to do some leg work, but would only be able to buy as funds were received.

Karlin, if you like the idea please post where you think this will get lots of hits....

Anyone interested?

Definitely - at least we'd get the whole range then. Most shop produced ones hardly have any whole colours on them.

I was thinking of this before but the costs were completely prohibitive. The cheapest I could get the calendars made were £15 each and then there would be shipping etc on top :yikes

When I get back to work - let me see what our graphic designer can do - we may have to pay him something as he is going thru a costly divorce but he knows how mad I am! - and then I can try and see if the company account has some decent discounts with printers

that's such a good idea. I was looking at cavalier calendars the other day and there was not one whole color cavalier picture. I said screw that and left it. :D I would love to take a collage of pictures from our crew and make a calendar!

Yes, please, Kirsty - any help you can provide would be great...

And anyone involved in printing? That is, of course, where the expense of this will be.

I would gladly manage a paypal account to collect funds and divide amongst construction of calendar, shipping, and all profits to Karlin. I am an accountant so that is all of the expertise I really have.

Also, if someone has any seasonal pics of their babies I will start a thread for pics. Please put the month that you think it would be best for!!

For our friends south of the equator we may have our seasons messed up but the pics would still be cute :oops:

Another option is a company in the US called Cafe Press

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/?id=7

My understanding is that we can create our own calendars on there (only about $15 each) and I think you can even mark them up and have some of the money donated to charity, and people could even order online directly.

Thats not too bad thats about £7.50 ish at the current xchange rate. There would be shipping on that..... may be cheaper to send bulk over to the UK to one address and then posted out from there (I'm willing to be that person)

Good news on Shutterfly....They have bulk prices.

If I can raise enough $$ to buy 25 at a time they are only $12/calendar (9.5 EUR???)

Cafe Press is better also but I think Shutterfly allows more customization. They have US Holidays but have customizible events that would allow us to put in some European, Canadian, Australian holidays.

At $12/calendar + shipping I think we could sell them for $25 and still have plenty of money for donation

25 calendar at $25/calendar $625
Cost of calendar $12/per (300)
Shipping (i have no clue) (50)
Donation (275)
Remaining $0.00

I really have no idea on shipping...but even if it costs $100 we would have $225 for donation...

Canadian Shipments

If you're looking for a Canadian contact, I would be happy to re-ship out for any Canadian people if there were multiple calendars coming this way as well....just let me know! :D

Here it is
ema1Bestivinurmannsins.jpg

Back