PDA

View Full Version : A "carry-on" Cav?

Anna
9th October 2006, 11:20 PM
My husband and I do a lot of traveling and end up leaving Liesl either with my parents or in-laws. I would love to have her come with us to a lot of places, but refuse to put her "down below" as cargo. Are cavs small enough to fit in those carry-on pet carriers comfortably? Also, I've heard different opinions in terms of how strict flight attendants are with the dogs on board. One woman I talked to wasn't allowed to unzip the bag even enough to let her dog poke his nose out and had to keep the carrier completely under the seat in front of her. Yet, I've heard that others have had their dogs on their lap. Let me know what you all think!

WoodHaven
9th October 2006, 11:36 PM
Many people have successfully transported cavaliers under the seat. Yes, they make you leave the dog fully in the bag -- fully on the floor. There is always ONE flight attendant that is "by the book".

Cupcake Love
9th October 2006, 11:53 PM
My husband flew Nacho from Colorado to Washington State in a carry on without any issues. They did require Nacho to stay in his carrier, but he slept the entire time so it wasn't a big deal. I think it is important that your pup become use to the carry on before you attempt the flight though; Nacho had never been in a carrier and he was a naughty little thing at first. :)