• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier Talk and Irish Cavalier Rescue embroidered items

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
One of the UK rescues has an embroidery machine and lots of breed templates including cavaliers and do some lovely items from scarves (for people and dogs), ear warmer headbands, shirts, fleeces and so on! They are really nice.

I am going to contact them about doing some items that I can sell to support Irish Cavalier Rescue, to create a small emergency fund for treating dogs, kennelling if needed, getting food for fosters... some of the things I am not always able to do now. I cover costs as needed from my pocket and usually recover them through homing fees but of late I have been getting a lot more calls -- as more people find out that there is actually a cavalier rescue. And I realise I have been lucky not to have had a case where more expensive vet treatment was needed. I'd rather start charging a flat fee for dogs so that vet costs will even out (some need little, some need more plus neuters...) and costs like petrol or train travel etc as needed for dogs.

I'd hope these would range from items that will say Irish Cavalier Rescue to some CavalierTalk logo items too. Would people be interested in this kind of thing? The postage may be too much of a pain to send to the US though I can look into this. Also as I will likely be out in the US in Dec and again in March I could bring things over to post from the US then. But UK and Irish folks or others across Europe might be interested nearer term.

The prices are very good for the work they do. Prices would drop of course if more things are ordered! :lol: I'm just curious if there would be general interest?

We are all nuts about our own cavaliers and would love to help the Irish Rescue Cavaliers in any way we can . Count me in . I'd love a polo shirt or 2 with cavaliers on and my girls would look lovely with new scarves. I think its a great idea .
Mimi

I live in the US, but I'd love something with a ruby and b&t on it...a fleece throw, maybe...or pullover. I can't ever find anything with whole color cavs.

Let me know if you decide to take any stateside orders.

Mic

I'd buy earwarmers!! We were out for a walk last week and I had such pains in my ears from the cold. Billy was laughing at me for being such a wuss but I hate cold ears and was just saying I must invest in a pair for the winter.
I'd also love a nice t-shirt or a fleece or something. I'm a bad one to talk to because once I have a credit card in my hands I'm unstoppable icon_whistling icon_whistling

What about doggie t-shirts and stuff? or maybe a holdall or a bag with sections for a doggie dish or water bottle? I've seen these online (I think for argos) and considered it but decided I didn't _REALLY_ need it. If it was for a good cause though.... ;)

Although maybe you should start of with what you suggested, Karlin. I might be getting a touch carried away... Definitely a market here alone for t-shirts & fleeces!

They do all sorts of stuff, and I believe they can do all four colours of cavaliers. But I need to check that they are taking orders still. I'll email them this week and see what they say.

Count me in Karlin! We charge a set fee when we adopt out a dog regardless of how much we have to pay out on that dog. That way we always have a fund in case of emergencies. And I always explain to the adopters that the money is going into our rescue fund....not our general fund.

I'm interested in scarves and earwarmers - doesn't matter what color cavalier to me!! I love them all!

You may also want to consider embroidering on muslin duffle / sports bags. I have one with an embroidered tri-color cavalier head on it!

If I can afford anything, I'd love to help. I'm worried the shipping across the big pond might break the bank... I'd love to see the items up for purchase.

Oh, Karlin. That's a great idea. They'd make great gifts for my UK inlaws! And it would safe us postage, too!!

Yes definitely. Do they already have a supplier for the items such as Polo shirts etc? Just wondering as hubby has a few contacts in that Dept. He used to get all the team ones done for the Golf and Rugby clubs. We used to get the goods at a cost price and then take them to be embroidered.

Just wondering as it could increase the profits for rescue :D :flwr:

Count me in.
I love the idea of Zola getting stuff that'll go some way towards helping her less fortunate "cousins"

My sweatshirt arrived today..I know they do have Blenheim and Tricolour heads too {they are on my other computer so can't get to them at the moment}, will find out what other designs are available

I'm THRILLED with this, it's beautiful...it's so hard to get nice things with wholecolours on

IMG_3512.jpg

I would like other items too...maybe Cavalier Talk ones would be nice for meet ups. Crufts etc?

And here is a ruby design and a tri:

270143376_f857b3172a_m.jpg

270143363_e5459ddcfc_m.jpg

Some designs are better for certain items because of their denseness and size.

We would offer headband/earwarmers, hats, fleeces, t-shirts, scarves for dogs and fleece scarves for people, and fleece blankets.

I am really excited about these! Not least because I know how hard it can be to find the solid colours on any items. :)

More details and pics of items anon. I plan to offer the cav of your choice plus Irish Cavalier Rescue or CavalierTalk.com underneath. All funds to go the the Irish Cavalier Rescue Special Fund for Special Dogs.

Awesome guys!! :) I love cavalier things, especially when it's going to for a good cause, and to people who are already such a wonderful, caring, and genuine people!! (y)

Even better (for me! :lol:): they can also turn my cavaliertalk.com image into an embroidery logo so that will be an option, too. :)

Back