• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What the heck are "snoods"?

laurenlyn1

could some explain to me what a snood is used for, it looking kinda like earmuffs or something....i have never seen that before until i was just looking around on ebay...Thanks!

You can use them like a neck / earwarmer but lots of people use them to keep the little angels ears out of their dinner :roll:

I have one whose ears get covered in gravy and one whose ears get covered in yogurt - don't know which is worst :yuk: :lol:

ahh okay, i saw a picture of a cav with one on and i thought it looked kinda funny because it kinda looked like the babuska (can't spell!) that my grandma wore to keep her hair nice! now i know and it seems like a good idea for the ears. Brady's hair is only about an inch longer than his actual ear and he gets it in his water all the time. :(

Pixie's not too fond of her snood. We only use it occasionally,but sometimes she finds taking it off to be more important than eating. :lol: :fool:

PixieSnood.jpg

Had to share my pictures of my two with their snood :D

Jake just looks pissed off (what's new?!)
HPIM0760.jpg

Shelby looks like Little Red Riding Hood (not to mention a bit startled) Can you see her crooked lipstick?
HPIM0761.jpg

I have always loved that face on Shelby; she looks so disgruntled!! :lol: And that pic of Pixie is too funny. :rotfl:

Believe me snoods will make more and more sense the longer your cavalier's ears grow. :lol: I use headbands for Jaspar and Leo now, but they are no longer effective as their ears pop out or hang into their food anyway and I need snoods -- and I think I will try out my new sewing machine on some snoods for them. :) Lily's ears were cut up to the ear leather when I got her out of the pounds but now they have grown out about an inch and a half -- her coat is so full and her ears really dominate her head too -- so she now needs a snood as well.

Fancy Paw does some nice ones along with other cavalier stuff:

http://www.fancypaw.com/

A proper narrow bowl will work well too but spaniel bowls or cocker bowls are not narrow enough for cavaliers and I don;t know anywhere that seels a cavalier spaniel bowl.

Back