• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Whole Dog Journal article on Vaccination

judy

i just got the new issue of Whole Dog Journal (digital magazine) and they have a thorough article on the state of the art of vaccination. I think you have to be a suscriber to view the whole article, but just the part they make available without subscription gives an idea of where the article is going.

LINK TO ARTICLE

The WDJ article summarizes and amplifies the extremely important AAHA information which is posted on the web, but is written in a highly technical style, addressed to other veterinarians. The WDJ discusses this and other important vaccination information in a way that's understandable by non-vets.

I haven't read the whole article yet, just the beginning part before you log in, but I'm glad to see them report, comment and advocate on this subject, particularly the unfortunate overvaccination policy that is still the norm for many vets, and the consequences for their trusting pet owner clients and their unfortunate dog patients who have no choice. Not only overvaccination but other unnecessary heath-risking practices such as use of multiple antigen "combo" vaccines, are addressed.

Fortunately, many vets are changing. Most dog owners are very trusting of their vets, especially vets with good bedside manner, friendly, warm, caring--what's not to trust? Yet it's not only vets with poor bedside manner that continue to believe in overvaccination and other unfortunate vaccination policies that are believed by the most qualified educated and informed professionals to be potentially dangerous, and lacking in scientific or clinical justification.

Thanks Judy. I've been thinking of subscribing to the Whole Dog Journal. Would you recommend it then? They might just have a new subsriber. :)

Lani said:
Thanks Judy. I've been thinking of subscribing to the Whole Dog Journal. Would you recommend it then? They might just have a new subsriber. :)

I would definitely recommend it. The reason i like it is because they have articles about things i am interested in, in depth, well researched, and informative, and I think they take reasonable positions on controversial issues. I like the way they address controversial issues and bring out the different sides to issues. They often take a strong stand one way or another, and they don't do it in a simplistic manner but do their research and support their positions with facts.

Sounds interesting, and I don't like how so many vets want to over-vaccinate. Thanks for posting about this!

If you don't subscribe to Whole Dog Journal...you need to! This publication is always so informative. I almost always find that there is at least one article that addresses a situation I deal with. It must be Kharma!!

Back