• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Can I brag on my puppy?

Chelle

Hi ladies!

I haven't been online much this week from home as our basement got flooded with last week's rain (the float on our sump pump picked a most inopportune time to seize).. so we've had a crew of contractors in all week, as well as all our basement furniture scattered in various other parts of the house. Big pain!

Anyway, our first week with Bella has been fantastic! I think we may have the world's best puppy. She is sooo good. She goes in her crate beside our bed at night, and we don't hear a peep from her until the alarm goes off. And no accidents through the night!

We've been taking her out on our back deck, which has a few stairs that goes down into the yard, and she does most of her business on the grass. Last night we got hit with a freak snowstorm, and we decided to turn the patio table on its side and block the stairs off, for fear of one of us slipping with her taking her down. We 'thought' we'd just have her go out on the deck. Well, she wasn't having any of that. She kept trying to get past the table to go down the stairs. She knew where she was supposed to be going! So of course, we resumed taking her down to the grass, despite the ice and snow. No sense messing with a good thing when she's obviously catching on to the training concept!

The breeder really did a fantastic job socializing the pups. She's a total cuddler, loves everyone, and just thrives to please us. Just a total sweetheart. We've only had her a week and I just LOVE this puppy!

We took her into our vet on Tuesday, just for a 'post purchase/meet-the-vet' visit. Of course our vet just loves her (what's there not to love!), and she's perfectly healthy. Did a fecal exam, no worms, ears are clean, no heart murmer and no signs of knee trouble.

I've been bringing her to the office with me this week, with all the hubbub going on at the house, it's too noisy for me to even work from home. Of course, she's charmed everyone in here and keeps everyone entertained with endless cuteness :luv:

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I just had to share the joy of my new baby with you guys!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

What a good girl. Cavaliers are such pleasers. It sounds like Bella is going to be quite the pampered pooch!

Awwww!! It sounds like she is one amazing dog (amongst lots of amazing dogs on this board!!)

:lotsaluv:

I am so glad your first week has gone so well.

BTW - meant to mention, love Bella's new website!

Rain!!!! Whats that? :? We in severe drought over here. And we live on tank water. But Belle sounds like she knows what she wants and that she is well loved.

oh Bella sounds like an absolute joy to own! i can tell ur thrilled with her!!
Cavaliers are such pleasers
thats exactly what i was thinkin!

her first week sounds like its been amazing!! oh and i love that website of hers!

I'm so impressed! what a good girl! how lucky you are. and i know she is lucky too. sounds like your breeder did a fine job. i forgot, how old is bella?

congratulations, enjoy! as far as i'm concerned, you (and others) can brag anytime. i love to hear about these guys.

Back