• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How long do they stay "puppy-like"?

RockNRollCav

My mom made the comment the other day that Corgan is still very puppyish for a 7 month old. We got Celti when she was about 6 months and she was already done with the puppy thing. Corgan still chews on everything and gets into "puppy trouble" a lot. How long can we expect this to go on? We LOVE his playfullness, but will be happy when we can leave him in a room besides the kitchen and not expect the entire room to be destroyed!! Thanks :)

Hmmmm, Monty will be 3 years old in February and I still can't give him the run of the house when we are gone....he is way too naughty!
J.

Dudley is 3 months shy of being 3 and he has the run of the house, now Darby is a different story.

Dudley never really caused me any trouble, but that little red head is eating my shoe laces as I type this.
Better go get him. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

hi

i was told they settle down around the age of 2 ,molly did and she is 3 now and sleeps all the time charlie is 21months and every time i get up he gets up and wants to play this goes on all day he never wants to sleep so lets see what hes like at 2 :jmp:

Maxx is 7 and has the run of the house EXCEPT the kids bedrooms - he creates havoc when he gets in either of them. We have upturned bins, shredded magazines, beds turned into duvet heaps (well, he has to be comfortable :lol: ), and, when they were smaller, murdered cuddly toys :badgrin: . He will also route out and eat their sweets and manages to get into my youngest's wardrobe and pulls all his jumpers off the shelves and sleeps on them.

I don't think Maxx will ever really grow up and tbh, I don't want him to :lol: The funniest thing he ever did was when we moved into our last house. He must have been about 10mths old and one day he came downstairs with a bright red mouth. I was really puzzled as it looked like lipstick....

Eventually, I realised he'd managed to get into a small low cupboard in the bathroom and had stolen a bright red lipstick out of the kids Hallowe'en make-up bag :lol: It was a discontinued 'tester' one that I was given by my boss when I worked in pharmacy & also one of the 'stay long' types! Maxx had bright red lips for about a week :yikes we didn't half get some funny looks when we went out for walks :lol:

maxx

:D that is so funny the only thing molly does when she is awake is go upstairs if the stair gate is open and nick the underwear and the only way i find out is if they are both up there and start running around in the rooms because molly has them and charlie wants them so when i get up there ,there is a pair of pants in both there mouths and they stand there looking at me i carnt tell them of then as i want to laugh ,these dogs are really good at doing things on the quiet :jmp2:

:lol: Maxx sounds like a fun boy! :lol:

At age 3 Geordie 'rearranges' things like rugs. pillows, and throws. :roll: He does it to make himself a comfortable resting place. India (age 3) likes to push the pillows off the sofa when she's bored. :roll: Chocolate (age 4) is angelic. *ng*l

Geordie sometimes cannot help himself and will chew basket handles if he's bored. Same goes for cardboard, but he hasn't chewed a magazine in a long while.

We usually have them gated in the kitchen when we're at work or plan to be out longer than an hour or two. They have the run of the house lately when we go on short errands, and nothing bad has happened. :)

Having a good laugh at these..glad we're not the only ones with delinquents :lol: :lol:

I "promised" hubby that Rupert would grow out of biting the heads off flowers by the age of 6 months...he's now 10 and still occasionally does it!!!

He is dreadful with food, steals anything going but isn't a jumper like Jack, who you might remember recently stole a lamb's heart off the worktop...ummm he's nearly 5 :yikes

Rupert and TedBear {3} will both destroy tissues...and if you go visit anyone, they all delight in running up and down stairs and investigating open doorways...vegetable racks are just great, they are self-service restaurants...

and of course they have to make themselves comfortable and rearrange beds, throws etc...

In conclusion, no I don't think they EVER grow up, that's what we love about them, they're still like pups...but you just learn to adapt your lifestyle and house to suit THEM!!

and erm we don't actually tend to have any friends we visit anymore ;) icon_whistling can't imagine why... only the ones who love dogs too!!

Thanks everybody! You gave me a good laugh! Corgan likes to chew on EVERYTHING - cardboard, baskets, rugs, anything that falls on the floor that usually isn't there, dog toys (like, destuffs them) dog beds, the cat, etc...We're just hoping he'll stop with the rugs, etc.

Our Corgi rearranges blankets and pillows to make herself comfortable, so that doesn't bother us. We have a tiny townhouse kitchen, though, and would love to give Corgan more freedom but we know we'd have to buy a whole new set of furniture...and our current stuff isn't hardly paid for yet!! :)

:)

I am a bit late for this topic, but I've been BUSY this weekend!

I hope Kos stays puppy-like in a mischevious way forever. Yesterday we received our cenral vac (thank GOD!) and my OH was going to install it while I went out and did the weekly duties. I was out for 3 1/2 hours battling the crowds and grocery shopping and stuff. When I came home, I came into the living room and I seen the BIGGEST mess I've ever seen... Kosmo took it upon himself to shred all of the directions for the vacuum!!! :yikes :yikes Thank God Avi had already finished installing the part that he shredded.. :lol:

On another note, I have noticed Kosmo changing in a huge way lately. He's now 9 months old. I've noticed him becoming more of a "man." He tried lifting his leg for the first time the other day.. toppled right over. :lol:

When I look at him I no longer see the puppy face that I had becomed so accustomed to. I missed class for a week and yesterday my trainer told me that she has noticed Kosmo starting to fill out more just in the past 2 weeks. He's no longer gaining weight, but his features are starting to change. He no longer looks awkward due to HUGE long colt legs and a little tiny body.

He's also beginning to test me.. :yikes We've been at war for the past few weeks, but I have been on top of it to the best of my ability. I am thinking it's just a phase, but I think he is surely on his way to transitioning into adult-hood now. ;)

Take care! :)

Back