View Full Version : I have a dilemma, I need some advice please

14th October 2006, 02:45 AM
I have been waiting for our local pet store to get in some winter coats, we'll today I got fed up waiting and went to Pet Smart.

I found a coat that I liked, but my problem is that I ended up leaving the store with a small, 2 mediums and 1 large.
Then I went to another pet store and my son liked another coat but only for Darby not Dudley.
So I am coming to you guys for your opinion, my problem is the coat which is the same as Dudleys in the small is not even going to last Darby until December and the medium is big so what to do.

Here are a few shots and I need your help pretty please.

The two of them together, both in mediums

Here is Darby eating Dudley's ear in a medium

Here is Darby in the same coat but only a size small

Here is my baby Dudley in a medium


Here is Darby in the Roots Fleece that my son Derrick likes, he thinks Darby suits the Roots coat better.

I would love to hear what you guys think, the brown coats are much easier to put on than the roots one, but the roots one is warmer and would last him the winter. Derrick said that Dudley does not suit the roots style of coat at all. I thought it would of been cute to have them the same.

Oh my head. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:


14th October 2006, 08:01 AM
Oooh they look SO cute in the matching ones :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: ...but the small is very small, I would take that one back, he's only going to be in it for a very short time. I can see the medium is a bit big, but I'm sure it won't be long before he's in it properly.

The small doesn't seem to cover his back too well either, I'd want his back a bit more covered.

i love the Roots one but that is going to be very fiddly to keep taking on and off...although he might need the extra warmth this Winter until he gets his full coat.

So perhaps use that one for Darby this Winter, take the small and large ones back, and keep both the mediums. If it's not too cold then they can be matching, and if it is cold then put Darby in the Roots one?

Hope this helps, JMHO - why are these decisions SO tough :lol: :lol:

molly+charlies mum
14th October 2006, 11:11 AM
i would go for the medium brown ones they go well with there blenhiem + ruby colours they both look really good in them :thmbsup:

14th October 2006, 11:51 AM
I agree with Nicki. I think the mediums but I also couldn't resisit the Roots coat as well - he looks too cute in it, bless him :l*v:

14th October 2006, 12:49 PM
LOL Thanks for all your input, these are the cutest coats I can find here in Toronto. I am off to a First Aid/Cpr course today (8 Hours) hopefully I will get out before the store closes as I pass right by it on the way home.

Now I will most likely have to get Dudley a Blue Roots Coat, Darby can't have two and our Dudley only one. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Donna: We don't get those fashionable Next ones over here and if we
did they would most likely be $100.00 ea. Frank would have my
head. He already freaked out that I spent $40.00 on the brown
ones and little does he know that the Roots one was $45.00.

Aaaaaaaaaaah what he doesn't know won't hurt him. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Taaaaaaaaaaaa, running out the door to my course.

14th October 2006, 03:08 PM
Hope the course went well Sweetie...and that you managed to get a blue Roots jersey for Dudley, he would look cute in that and then they'd still be matching...

14th October 2006, 09:42 PM
Linda, I did say that if you wanted me to I would send you some coats! I would get them and post them and then you could pay me by paypal - the exact amount - nothing else!!!!! The coats are #9.99 each and postage wouldn't be tooooooo much I wouldn't have thought as they're not heavy. Might work out cheaper and you could get them by end of next week. xxxxx