• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Paws in the Park

Lindsay

Hi all. Today we went to an event in our city called Paws in the Park. Our downtown area has been remodeling and revamping for about 10 years. It is centered around the Tennessee River and this has yeilded us beautiful parks on our riverfront.

The even today benefitted the Humane Society and was a HUGE success! We were all able to raise $40,000 which will go towards a new facility for the rescued dogs and will keep them from being euthanized. Here are a few pics from our day out. Spencer is still wiped out from playing so hard and walking on the pedestrian bridge! Izzy didn't get to go as she is not a huge fan of other dogs and children :-( Enjoy!

My Aunt Nita with her 5 month old Gabbye (we need to get her on the forum!!! She is afraid of getting as addicted as I am ;-) )

PawsinthePark001.jpg

Getting Gabbye and Spencer ready for the big walk!

PawsinthePark002.jpg

Our friend Sherry walked a shelter dog for the day (Sassy). She was a shephard mix and was so sweet. She will make someone a great pet!

PawsinthePark003.jpg

Walking over the bridge.

PawsinthePark010.jpg

PawsinthePark011.jpg

Spencer walking the bridge in his fall sweater :) It was about 40 degrees this morning! Brrrr! :shock:

PawsinthePark012.jpg

Gabbye on the bridge

PawsinthePark015.jpg

Gabbye tired out after the big walk!

PawsinthePark018.jpg

There was a costume contest and Gabbye was a bumble bee! Spencer was a hot dog (but I will post pics of him around Halloween :) )

PawsinthePark024.jpg

Lastly...Spencer when we got home. So sleepy!!!

PawsinthePark027.jpg

Ooooh, it looks like sooo much fun!!!! NYC also had a dog fair today. Lucky went to the Central Park Country Dog Fair. :) There were sooo many dogs there and there owners and we met a few Cavs too. That said, it was pretty crowded so I carried him a lot of the time so didn't get any pictures. I was too afraid he'd get smushed. :shock:

It was a gorgeous fall day for here for dogs in the park & looks like it was there too.

That said, it was a bit of sensory overload for Lucky I think at 17 weeks ... we took him on the subway and he just slept all the way home. All in all though, he had a great day. Sounds like Spencer and Izzy had a great day too!

:dogwlk:

those are great shots!!!!!!looked like both the doggies and the human mummies had a blast! yes we should defintely get your aunt on the board! :)

I had to put this additional pic up! My Aunt Nita and Gabbye won "Most Passionate Kisser" at Paws in the Park and this pic was on our local internet magazine! (The man in the backgroud is Jed Mescon, a local news personality who is on the board of directors of our Humane Society.) I just thought this was hilarious! :lol:

PIP_20Best_20Kisser_20with_20Jed_20.jpg

On an additional note, I got a phone call yesterday from someone letting me know that my name had been pulled from one of the drawings I entered there. Spencer won free training! I will post more details when I find them out. I wasn't able to get ahold of the lady yesterday. But woohoo! :D

Back