• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Begging

frecklesmom

IMG_0007.jpg

I just wondered if all the little Cav's beg this way. It certainly works here when Freckles has to have that particular bone.

hey, you got your picture up! He's cute.
my doggie loves to play tug o war with other dogs with objects like toys or bones. He doesn't seem to want to get it away in order to have it for himself. He seems to just want to play the game. If he wins and pulls the object away, then he will bring it back to the other dog and try to get them to grab onto it again.

As far as begging for food, which is what i think of when i think of begging, i've seen lots of dogs who will sit and stare at you while you're eating, but Zack has never done that, which surprised me at first.

Zack doesn't bed?! You are lucky! Gus just stares at me with those big brown eyes... but I don't give in because I don't want him to get too big.

That picture is too cute. Gus does the same thing to my 7 yr. old pug, Moe, he just stares at him and then if he does get the toy from Moe it is only to play with Moe!

aww your picture is just so cute! na-ah my dogs dont really beg..its more the gorgeous eyes that make you melt..

my doggie loves to play tug o war with other dogs with objects like toys or bones. He doesn't seem to want to get it away in order to have it for himself. He seems to just want to play the game. If he wins and pulls the object away, then he will bring it back to the other dog and try to get them to grab onto it again.
.. yea same story here ;)

That is so cute!!! Both of mine beg with their eyes! Just stare at you and hope you will give in. If you don't pay attention to Jake he will give you a little tap on the leg...just to remind you that he is there and patiently waiting.

When it comes to begging, Spencer could care less about people food. When it comes to treats though, he watches me carefully every time I walk past the fridge (where their treat buckets sits on top) and if I even glance at the treat bucket he is at my feet sitting saying "Look mom! I am sitting and you didn't even have to tell me!"

Izzy, on the other hand, thinks EVERYTHING edible (and not edible) is hers and she will stop at nothing to get it. She has been known to do a fast as lightning jump into my lap and onto the table move. She skips the begging and moves in for the kill! :sl*p:

Mine all beg, in their own way. Monty gives you the Eeyore eyes. Izzy does a dance on his back legsa nd ficks his eyes from, you to what he wants and back again, while snoting and sneezing. Teddy does rapid fire sit-down-sit-down.... and Joly--oh Joly is almost irresistable because he does a sit up. (My fault,as I taught him this a few months ago, but he has cottoned on that it's a good begging ploy)

Back