• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How could anyone dislike this little face?

Lisa_T

Better photos this time!

270224216_f182680ff7.jpg

Having a think....

270224210_1a0e212219.jpg

About what mischief I can get into now...

270224215_3013cb80d1.jpg

I know! I'll....

270231689_c9c48c96cc.jpg

..start working on The Great Escape.

Chloe Claret is adorable - she doesn't look like she has an undershot jaw at all - what did your vet say?

The vet said it was slightly undershot/overshot (I believe the terms are virtually interchangeable, depending where you live) but there was a slight possibility she would 'grow into' it. It's more in profile, I have to say, or if her head is looking straight up. A front portrait doesn't show it so much. I think it has improved a little just during the past week, but that might be wishful thinking. It was very obvious on Mon/Tues- so much so that it was almost the first thing I noticed when I saw her again. Either I've gotten used to it, or it's improved.

I just love those photos! I think I'm gonna use those together with my favourites of Holly for a new atavar :D :D

I've noticed in this last week how much Oakley's muzzle has grown out - he had a least 5 wrinkes at the start of the week, now he only has 3 so his stop looks bigger nowand he doesn't look as squished! ;)

Who doesn't like that pudgy little face then? Strange people :shock: You're making me very broody with all these puppy pics!

My grandmother. Says Chloe's face is not as nice as Holly's, and 'cheeky.' From her that's not a compliment. Apparently she's also been on the phone telling my mum that Chloes a 'cheeky wee dog' who would 'steal the food from Holly's mouth.' Luckily my mum knows my grandmother's ways, and has seen Chloe for herself, so took that with a packet of salt. As I keep saying, if Chloe takes the food from Holly's mouth, it's because Holly lets her. When Holly wants Chloe to clear off and leave her alone, Chloe does.

And honestly, she's so good and so cute! Silly pup tried to climb behind me and sleep between me and the armchair with her face on my shoulder. Like a cat. At that point I decided she was obviously tired and put her to bed.

Glad that Oakley's muzzle is also growing out. I think they must both be going through phases..

Yesterday my two had me in stitches at feeding time. At Breakfast Merlin ate Oakley's kibble and Oakley at Merlin's weetabix then at teatime Merlin at Oakley's puppy food whilst Oakley tried (ahhh bless) to eat Merlin big boy food.

Generally they keep swopping over, if one goes for a drink mid meal - thats it you've lost your bowl of food - the nice thing is that they both have their heads in one dish trying to eat the same food when they come back! :lol:

I feed Holly and Chloe separately. Holly gets panicky when Chloe heads for her food bowl, and since Chloe's a canine dustbin, I don't want her to get sick from gorging on Holly's food as well as her own! Chloe's just as bad with the water, and will drink happily from the bowl that scares Holly. That doesn't stop her from heading for Holly's bowl, though... and today for about two seconds, they shared the same water bowl before Holly backed off.

she's gorgeous Lisa. Twinkle still tries to get up on my shoulders and she's fully grown now. Think I might have indulged her a bit too much when she was small

:oops:

we can't risk feeding our two together as Daisy Boo likes to take her time and Twinkle likes to take Daisy Boo's dinner

Lisa_T said:
The vet said it was slightly undershot/overshot (I believe the terms are virtually interchangeable, depending where you live) but there was a slight possibility she would 'grow into' it. It's more in profile, I have to say, or if her head is looking straight up. A front portrait doesn't show it so much. I think it has improved a little just during the past week, but that might be wishful thinking. It was very obvious on Mon/Tues- so much so that it was almost the first thing I noticed when I saw her again. Either I've gotten used to it, or it's improved.

I just love those photos! I think I'm gonna use those together with my favourites of Holly for a new atavar :D :D

Undershot and overshot are opposites. Like underbite and overbite-- a bulldog has an underbite-- most humans have slight overbites.
Here is a website with good pics.

http://www.kennelcity.com/cdnote2.html

No offense to your grandma...but she's nuts :lol: Chloe is absolutely adorable. BTW...Shelby has an underbite and we refer to her as our little bulldog :D

Have to agree with Cathy, your Granny is nuts funny how they can be when they get older.

She is precious, and that face Ooooooooooooooh I could eat her.
Be prepared though just from Ruby Puppy experience they are very naughty and you know what

I LOVE IT. :D :D :D

I think it's more she's jealous on Holly's behalf, which is funny, since Holly can control Chloe very well. If Chloe steps over the line, Holly will first try to escape. Then she'll snarl. Then if Chloe still hasn't backed off, Holly will give her a slap. I can't say I blame Holly- she's been pretty tolerant with most of Chloe's hi jinks, but she doesn't appreciate being tugged, bitten or nipped! Although when they're out running in the park, Holly's quite happy to lick Chloe and be licked. There's also something of a little war going on for my attention- occassionally they decide they both want to get fussed over at the same time. Holly doesn't trust Chloe enough to want to share a lap with her, so Holly will either back off, or tell Chloe where to go. Chloe, being a redhead, just shoves her way in anyhow :yikes They're not doing badly, all things considered, but I do hope that one day they actually become proper friends!

Lisa,

Try playing football with them both in the garden. That seemed to spark the start of the friendship with my two ;)

*g* Holly is scared of big balls, and Chloe runs off with little ones! :badgrin: :badgrin:

Lisa she is sooo cute!!!! i could eat her she looks so deliciouS!!
Is Granny jealous of the attention the doglets get???

lol that could be a problem!

i think chloe looks mischievious as well (but in a good way!!! :D )..but im sure she is a total sweetheart!

Back