PDA

View Full Version : "teary" eyes

Aimee Brooks
16th October 2006, 01:16 AM
Ever since Reilly was a puppy, he's always had runny/teary eyes. The tears always have an odor and a reddish stain. One of the vets I work for noticed he had mild entropian on both eyeys, so we did a surgery to correct it. For about a week after the surgery it seemed like he wasn't having much discharge, but then it came back. I've had other vets I work for look at his eyes, and the entropian was corrected, but he still tears from both eyes all the time. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their cav. Reilly doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but he does like to rub his face a lot. Anyways, it's just something that has always bothered me, and I wish I could fix it some how... :x

Aimee :flwr:

Lisa_T
16th October 2006, 02:36 AM
Teary eyes is common for cavs, I believe. The smell and reddish colour is from the yeast... if there's definitely no infection or other irritant, then just keep wiping them. Some people say diet helps; others use warm water to wipe, and others swear by cider vinegar to remove the stains, though they're less visible on a black and tan anyway! My black and tan girl wipes her eyes first thing in the morning- so cute!

Cathy Moon
16th October 2006, 03:49 AM
Aimee,
Your pup's problems sound exactly like my India! Here is a thread on how we fixed her eyes:
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2474

Kingofthehouse86
16th October 2006, 04:06 AM
King has runny eyes, but it's more of a season thing (I think) cuz I've kinda noticed it more in the warmer season it more...Now that the temp is dropping his eyes are becoming less runny