• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

"teary" eyes

Aimee Brooks

Ever since Reilly was a puppy, he's always had runny/teary eyes. The tears always have an odor and a reddish stain. One of the vets I work for noticed he had mild entropian on both eyeys, so we did a surgery to correct it. For about a week after the surgery it seemed like he wasn't having much discharge, but then it came back. I've had other vets I work for look at his eyes, and the entropian was corrected, but he still tears from both eyes all the time. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their cav. Reilly doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but he does like to rub his face a lot. Anyways, it's just something that has always bothered me, and I wish I could fix it some how... :x

Aimee :flwr:

Teary eyes is common for cavs, I believe. The smell and reddish colour is from the yeast... if there's definitely no infection or other irritant, then just keep wiping them. Some people say diet helps; others use warm water to wipe, and others swear by cider vinegar to remove the stains, though they're less visible on a black and tan anyway! My black and tan girl wipes her eyes first thing in the morning- so cute!

King has runny eyes, but it's more of a season thing (I think) cuz I've kinda noticed it more in the warmer season it more...Now that the temp is dropping his eyes are becoming less runny

Back