• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Senses

fuzzie bear

Wierd thing happened just now...

Well, Bailey when people come either wags his tail frantically or else is a bit cautious but then goes mad to say hello.

My nan and grandad are over to us for holidays - they're in their 80's and both of them have been in and out of hospital recently.

When they arrived, he went really wierd, starting running away and hiding outside in the rain. Not coaxing from me or food would bring him in. When I eventually got him in of my choice not his, he ran behind the sofa.

No talking to him from me or either of my grandparents got him to go near.

So is it a case of for the first time ever hes been this wierd, or could he be sensing something about them - like they are ill, have cancer etc ??

It could be something as simple as the way they smell.

Once, while we were staying with my late father, Benji, the collie cross, i had at that time, suddenly flew from the livingroom and sat trembling in the kitchen. Nothing would coax him back in and only carrying him back solved the problem :

My son, Paul, had taken a bath using his grandad's unfamiliar bubble bath and it was Paul that Benji wanted to escape. he was fine, once Paul had got dressed and the scent become less obvious.

Back