• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Meet my boys

Barbara Nixon

Monty is eleven in November and is huge. He is 35lbs even now, with mvd taking weight off him. You can see how large he is in the photo with Joly. People think he is a springer cross, but his pedigree is genuine. he is rather like some of his ancesters, found by tracing his pedigree back, of the 50s.

He's a very laid back gentle boy, whom Joly fancies and anyone steals from, if allowed . He nearly always looks sad and red eyed in photos, as he doesn't like cameras; bit of an Eeyore.

Img_0273fetching.jpg

Img_0172.jpg

055montymartyr1.jpg

Img_0265dafty.jpg

What beautiful boys you have! Monty is a big boy....and terribly handsome...the more to love!

Wow, he's huge :shock:
I didn't know cav's got so big.

They are both lovely and I love the fluffy ghosts Monty is wearing

Hi Barbara icon_welcome

Lovely to see you here!! and to see all the boys again.

So pleased that Monty is doing ok despite the MVD.

Sadly we lost our Peaches to MVD and other things...but still have Rupert, he's 10 now. And some new additions!! icon_whistling

Hi Nicki, good to be in contact again. Sorry to hear you lost Peaches; I'd noticed in the Memorial section. Monty's mvd doesn't bother him at all. he has no symptoms, except for being thinner, so has no meds.

Both your babies are gorgeous! I am very happy to hear that your big love bug has no problems with his MVD and I hope he continues to be in such good health!

Please post more pics as you have them!

Izzy's turn.

Izzy is nine and has had last stage mvd for nearly two years. We didn't think he'd reach his eighth birthday, never mind ninth, but he's still here, though on lots of meds. He's a happy soul , who doesn't know he's ill and , except for the odd upset (last at the end of the hot summer, when I thought that was it) he only 'suffers' from a cough, whcih doesn't really upset him.

Izzy is boss and no dog challenges him. He has loved doing competition obedience, though we've never actually competed, because he's shy of men. He collects fluffy toys; especially Critters and floppy dogs and crocs. Woe betide any dog who fancies the fluffy of the moment.

061izzypleased3.jpg

059izzy1.jpg

006izzytoy.jpg

Izzy is beautiful. What a precious boy. And we (Jake and Shelby) love his toy cause we have the same one :D

Nice to see you on here Barbara.

Your boys are so cute!! I'm glad that Monty is not needing any meds at the moment. He's soooo big!! More to love, right?

Joly is also cute, although he looks a bit camera shy!! hehe :)

Izzy - I respect his vigor for life. Isnt it wonderful to have a dog who, in the opinion of the vet is doomed, live for such a long time? Mine lived for 2 years when I was told she wouldn't make it 6 more months. :) You go Izzy!!! :)

Hi Barbara,

Your babies are all completely gorgeous :flwr: My older boy, Maxx is a bigger boy too. Hardly any fat on him just a stocky big boned Cav with huge feet LOL

I think we've met on another forum in the past but not sure :)

Joly.

Joly is three and loves obedience work, especially retrieve, which it took Izzy a whole year to take to. He has to greet everyone with a toy in his mouth and a sort of yodelling sound. He's very nosy (as the photo below, taken when he was a puppy, shows) and often pushes on for fusses given to the others. He's the one who has to lie on the bed either plastered to my side or on my pillow.He really pushes his luck with Izzy, who only tolerates him, having taken against him on first meeting, but Joly adores monty, whom he licks and follows everywhere. I don't think Monty quite feels the same about him, though.

The last photo shows a typical Joly look. It asks what he could possibly have done wrong, when he knows he's taken izzy's favourity crocodile toy.

DSCF0041Mediumhomecheck.jpg

Img_0193retrieve.jpg

Img_0152.jpg

003mewhat.jpg

Last one is Teddy, who was three last week. He has a fantastic pedigree, champion sired and more than three quarters red, but whereas his brother is one cc short of a championship, teddy has let the side down, as he has behavioural problems.

About a year ago, he turned on me and became aggressive towards Joly and Monty. Things got so bad that rehoming became areal consideration, as I feared for the other dogs. However, aggressive dogs being difficult to place and pts the only other option, it was decided to work on him.

After hard work, a strict regime and bribes (he's food mad)he is now fairly good. I can read his moods, so can deal with problems before they fully emerge and most of the time he's an eager to please cuddle bunny, who jumps two feet in the air, in his excitement at greeting me.

002lych.jpg

Img_0107.jpg

Img_0257suit.jpg

I have to add this photo. It followed from the last one and , as he'd been told to stay, he did, even if the lights went out. :p

Img_0254lights.jpg

Back