PDA

View Full Version : Question about vaccinations

Remali
19th October 2006, 01:08 AM
It's been quite a while since I've had a puppy. Bentley turned a year old this summer in June. He had his rabies and all his vaccinations last summer and fall of course......but, my vet's office has just sent me a notice that he now needs his rabies and his parvo/distemper again this November. I do realize that there are state laws regarding the rabies, and they told me that after this year then Bentley will be good for 3 years on the rabies. But, I am worried about the parvo/distemper.....I just really worry about reactions, and over-vaccinating and all that. So I sure would appreciate any advice, info, etc. Thanks!!

WoodHaven
19th October 2006, 01:49 AM
Well, here is some light reading on the subject (just kidding, it's 28 pages).

http://www.aahanet.org/About_aaha/About_Guidelines_Canine06.html

arasara
19th October 2006, 02:27 AM
LOL Sandy..

Something I am interested in too and I see you replied so I was eager to read your reply.. until I seen what you wrote!! :yikes :yikes

Remali
19th October 2006, 02:31 AM
LOL! OK....thanks! I am off to read that! Wow!

WoodHaven
19th October 2006, 02:33 AM
LOL Sandy..

Something I am interested in too and I see you replied so I was eager to read your reply.. until I seen what you wrote!! :yikes :yikes

Ironically, some vets tend to blow off the theory of the core vaccines and three year protocols as bad medicine-- but this article was published by the American Animal Hospital Association. If you look through it -- it has some pages that are helpful in themselves.

Remali
19th October 2006, 02:36 AM
OK.....one of my questions is, what are everyone's feelings about vaccinations, and which do you give, and how often? Also, does anyone do titers instead of vaccinations? I guess I am just sort of looking for opinions/people's experiences.... as I know that the topic of vaccinations draws quite a varied response from people. I am curious to see if anyone has their vet draw a titer on vaccinations?