PDA

View Full Version : Bertie update

alibunnylady
21st October 2006, 06:40 PM
Been to the vets today and I was quite right to be worried. Turns out he does have kennel cough. His throat is very sensitive, wheezy chest and his temperature is 103.

The vet gave him an antibiotic injection there and he starts tablet antibiotics tomorrow, twice a day for five days and we have to go back then for a check up to see how he is.

Meanwhile, if he gets any worse, I have to take him straight back in.

Hopefully because I have caught it early, he will get over it fairly quickly.

Last night I was climbing the walls with worry, my instincts told me his sneezing wasn't normal. I am glad it's kennel cough and not an allergy though, sounds strange that I know but at least this can be got rid of.

Alison

Nicki
21st October 2006, 08:27 PM
Oh bless him, poor little chap.

Best to get on top of something like this quickly...I'm sure he will be much better soon with the antibiotics.

Cathy Moon
21st October 2006, 08:43 PM
Poor Bertie, hope he feels better soon - so glad you went with your instincts and took him to the vets. :flwr:

Cathy T
21st October 2006, 11:35 PM
Glad you didn't wait with him. Caught early it shouldn't become a problem. Jake had kc once and it was kicked with antibiotics.

Nisha
22nd October 2006, 09:10 AM
Good thing it was caught early! im sure the antibiotics will make him better...poor bertie! :(

Cathy Moon
22nd October 2006, 03:21 PM
How is little Bertie doing? Are the antibiotics working for him? :flwr:

merlinsmum
22nd October 2006, 04:21 PM
Poor Bertie, hope he feels better soon.

:hug: s from the boys to make Bertie better!

alibunnylady
22nd October 2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes. Bertie is doing ok as far as I can tell, still sneezy and the occasional cough but nothing major. It' s only his first day of antibiotics today so will probably take a few days to really notice any difference.

Took him for a walk today with his coat on, been raining all day here but I felt he needed some excercise. I kept him well away from other dogs, fortunately due to the weather we only actually saw two anyway.

He's playing right now, nothing wrong with him in that sense, he's as lively as you would expect any puppy to be! lol!

Alison

Maxxs_Mummy
22nd October 2006, 09:57 PM
Poor little Bertie :( Hope the antibiotics soon kick in and he gets better really, really quickly :flwr: