PDA

View Full Version : Sergio and Honey are getting a bath....

Bruce H
21st October 2006, 09:38 PM
....because they're going to their NEW HOME b*n*n*

We (Kris) found a new home for BOTH of them together. Just the nicest person in the world and lives just 5 miles west of us. I'm just so happy we found someone who could take them together. That should make the adjustment so much easier for them. I have to say, I'm really going to miss them both, especially Sergio. He is the one that was so much more shy and so he spent a lot more time on my lap. Kris is bringing them out to their new house in about half an hour, so I have just a little more time left to hug them.

Oh, and the icing on the cake:
The person taking them wants to get involved in CKCSC Rescue! She doesn't have a lot of room for any long term fostering, but she wants to be involved in any other part of rescue that she can. Just doesn't get much better than this!!!

Sergio getting his bath:
http://static.flickr.com/93/275562904_f396aea932.jpg

Honey getting her bath:
http://static.flickr.com/101/275562901_bd43c92987.jpg

Lani
21st October 2006, 09:41 PM
Awwwwww :lotsaluv:

That just tugs at my heartstrings!!! I hope Sergio and Honey are both sooo happy at their new home!! They deserve it and thanks to you and Kris for making it possible!!!

:drivecar:

Nicki
21st October 2006, 09:47 PM
That's just fantastic news Bruce...big hugs to you and Kris for taking in these babies and finding them such a wonderful home.

It's fabulous that they are going together, and even better news that their new Mum wants to help out too...

Cathy T
21st October 2006, 10:37 PM
That's wonderful news Bruce. So glad they are going together. I placed two that were so bonded they had to be placed together several months back. And I get to see them fairly regularly. A gal from our club adopted them. And they are so happy being together.

I adore that picture of Kris bathing Sergio. The tenderness in her face brings tears to my eyes.

Way to go Kris and Bruce, you're my heroes!!

Cathy Moon
21st October 2006, 10:43 PM
I'm so glad they have a forever home together! :)

I just cannot figure out what it is about the photo of Sergio and Kris - but it brings tears to my eyes.

Maybe it's that he looks so vulnerable and Kris is so compassionate. Maybe because my Geordie is shy, too, and I've seen the same expression on his face. The shy ones just tug at my heart strings!

I hope you and Kris will stay in touch with the new owner, and let us know how these two precious babies are doing.

Cathy T
22nd October 2006, 02:01 AM
I just cannot figure out what it is about the photo of Sergio and Kris - but it brings tears to my eyes.

Maybe it's that he looks so vulnerable and Kris is so compassionate.

I felt the same thing Cathy...and I think that's it...he looks so sweet and Kris so compassionate! Such a sweet picture. I'm thinking she's preparing him for his new home and I know she's going to miss him but is doing what's best for him.

Nisha
22nd October 2006, 10:54 AM
aww thats EXCELLENT news Bruce..very lucky to find someone to take them both in! im sure theyll have a very happy life with the new owner (she sounds so nice!)..and its great that she wants to do CKCS rescue as well!! an extra bonus! btw the pictures are so cute!

Bruce H
22nd October 2006, 11:45 AM
I just realized I put this in the wrong forum :sl*p: What an idiot. Kris and I had just been talking about upcoming shows so it must have been on my brain. Sure hope Honey and Sergio's new mom is smarter than me :roll:

Cathy Moon
22nd October 2006, 04:05 PM
Bruce, if you'd like, I'll move it - do you want it moved to the Cavalier Rescue forum?

Bruce H
22nd October 2006, 06:48 PM
That makes more sense, if you don't mind. Thanks!

Karlin
22nd October 2006, 07:38 PM
Oh, beautiful pics. That is just the best news too. Thanks so much to you both for caring about these two and that's excellent that there's another rescue recruit too! :)

Alison_Leighfield
23rd October 2006, 08:25 AM
Words can't discribe how happy that makes me feel....that they now have new, loving, caring wonderful homes..TOGETHER!!!...thats just fantastic.

Well done!!! :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

arasara
23rd October 2006, 02:16 PM
Wow Bruce,

I am so glad they are finally finding a place to go - and they are going together!! How wonderful. I'm also glad that the lady is interested in becoming involved with cav. rescues.. what a blessing!!

Cheers to you and Kris for being such wonderful parents to these little guys and also to you guys opening your doors at a moments notice!! You really are two gems!! :)

:flwr:

Maxxs_Mummy
23rd October 2006, 11:52 PM

Maybe it's that he looks so vulnerable and Kris is so compassionate.

I felt the same thing Cathy...and I think that's it...he looks so sweet and Kris so compassionate! Such a sweet picture. I'm thinking she's preparing him for his new home and I know she's going to miss him but is doing what's best for him.

Me too, I'm in tears here as well - I think they're happy tears though. Knowing that you guys have given them a fighting chance at a real life and shown them what it's like to be loved, wanted and needed :l*v:

Maxx, Charlie and I hope they'll both be very happy in their new home and think it's wonderful they're staying together :l*v:

PS I love your deep sink and shower spray - is that just for the doggies? I want my garage converted and when I get it done (eventually) I'm going to have a deep sink with a shower spray - epecially after clipping Maxx and bathing both of mine today :roll:

Bruce H
24th October 2006, 11:57 AM
[quote="Maxxs_Mummy
PS I love your deep sink and shower spray - is that just for the doggies? I want my garage converted and when I get it done (eventually) I'm going to have a deep sink with a shower spray - epecially after clipping Maxx and bathing both of mine today :roll:[/quote]

Yeh, we really like it too. It's the 2 bowl sink where the right side is a very large, deep sink and the left side is a small, shallower sink where you mount a garbage disposal; fairly common now. Takes the same space as a conventional 2 bowl sink. The faucet is the type that pulls out; the only thing we don't like about it is the on/off and temperature control is still the lever. Would work much better if the on/off was on the spout.

We actually had 2 things in mind when we bought that sink. We have a dishwasher so we only needed 1 sink for rinsing off dishes and scrubbing off large pans. The other, of course, was the dogs. Works great for the dogs, a little tight for the larger than average Cavaliers, but still is OK. The big thing is that it saves the back over doing them in a bathtub.

molly
24th October 2006, 10:42 PM
Wonderful that they are both going to a lovely home together! Way to go Kris and Bruce. Wonderful ending.