• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Magical Ruby Boy - Updated with PIC

duncans_ma

Help....houdini has escaped again. :yikes :yikes

Arthur has "graduated" from his kennel into the kitchen area which is tiled. We secured the opening with a fairly tall (at least 36") baby gate. The same one we used for Duncan.

Day 1 - PERFECT BABY BOY....he was checked on and let out 3 times during a 9 hour period with not accidents (y) (y)

Week 1 - Mostly really good. We have one day during the week that the boys will be left for 3 then 4 hours with only 1 break during the day. We hate this day but there is no way around it for at least another month.

Week 2 - My husband pops in around mid morning as usual and Arthur is out of the kitchen, sleeping with Duncan on the couch. The only thing we can figure becasue the gate is still securely attached to the opening in the kitchen is that he somehow sqeezed his way out under the kitchen cabinets where there is the littlest of openings.

I don't want him to get hurt so for the afternoon John puts Arthur and Duncan in the kitchen together thinking that Arthur just wanted to get to his brother. I come home for lunch and Arthur is out and Duncan is stuck in the kitchen...poor boy.

Next attempt...we rollup and old bath towel and place it in the opening that is "the only possible escape" route - put Arthur in the kitchen and leave Duncan as usual.

Again, houdini escapes. The only possibility is that he is jumping this gate as the towel hasn't been moved at all. Again, the gate is atleast 36 inches off the ground. I don't want him hurt so today he is out with Duncan...WAY TOO MUCH FREEDOM....but at least he isn't jumping, climbing or squeezing himself out of the kitchen...

Does anyone else have a jumper on their hands? h*lp h*lp

Ashley

He is a Ruby, that is your answer. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Darby is the same way, he jumps up on my bed but gets a talking too when caught. icon_nwunsure

They are very nosey little fellows, do you have an xpen. ??????
My hubby built one, but on second thought when I put Darby in it along with his crate he would jump up on his crate and try to jump over the xpen. :jmp:

Best solution, stay home with him and snuggle up with him all day long. :hug: :l*v:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Clever boy Arthur :lol: :lol: :lol: . The only 'jumper' I have had was one of my fosters. She could jump over any gate, jump to open any door handle and regularly did so :yikes .

Her favourite place to sit was my window sill and we once watched her jump from the back of the sofa almost 5ft in length to get onto the windowsill :yikes

Charlie can jump pretty high to get his toys but he won't jump over anything :flwr:

Linda said:
Best solution, stay home with him and snuggle up with him all day long. :hug: :l*v:

Perfect! Who will be sending the $$$ to pay the bills for my boys while I waste away snuggling all day :D :D :D

Seriously, the kitchen was our "xpen" because it is only about 6x6. At night when we are home we gate off the living room and the kitchen and the 4 of us hang out there.....maybe my crafty hubby will come up with something if I offer to buy him a new power tool icon_nwunsure icon_whistling

Buy him a gift certificate from Home Depot and tell him to build you one of these with a top on it. :yikes :yikes :yikes
xpen.jpg

I can't send you any funds as I have 3 human teenage boys who eat me out of house & home. icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

Like Donna said they also make a huge mess too, but yesterday not I but they gutted the rooms and basement. :D :D
Needless to say we are getting rid of a lot of garbage before the 4 bag limit. :pi*no:

My boy *climbs* over anything. I would be careful about how high you put something if yours is a climber as he might fall if it's too high. We have a 36" babygate and ex-pen, both of which Misha climbs before you can say lickety split. Can you leave him in a dog-proofed room with doors that shut?

Zack is a leaper. He amazes me. He leaps straight up and he also sails through the air when he takes a running leap. He must have powerful back legs because he can go 36 inches straight up vertically. I had to get 48 inch high gates for the kitchen.

Thankfully neither of mine has the inclination to leap over anything. But I had a foster who surely was part bunny rabbit. Saw him at a gathering a couple of weekends ago and was there to witness his "agility". Out of 25 or more Cavaliers in a huge 36" high x-pen enclosure he was the only one to escape. He's also the one who escaped from my house the day I brought them hom :shock:

merlinsmum said:
You could always setup a web cam to spot his houdini antics! :D

seriously. I met a guy at the dog park once who has a whole website devoted to his dog Bailey and he has a webcam on the site which he uses to check in on Bailey when he's not home.

He said it's very easy to set up. I've watched it before, i just looked at it just now and there was Bailey, walking back and forth, then lying down in front of the camer. Joel's legs were in the display too, so he's home right now. The last time i looked, months ago, the camera was placed farther back and you could see the whole couch.

I'd like to set up a web cam so i could see zack when i'm at the office. I don't think i can do it here because the area's too big. I guess i could focus the camera on the area of the floor where Zack chews his toys. Once in a while he has chewed things he's not supposed to, like pens, which i find on the floor when i get home. If i was watching him from my office and he started chewing a pen, i coud then call my answering machine at home and use it to tell Zack to "leave it," and just basically cut it out. That would be pretty funny, to imagine zack getting an annoumcement from the speaker saying "Stop that RIGHT NOW young man!" I bet it would work.

Here's Bailey's webcam site.
http://www.baileysports.com/baileycam/index.html

by the way, if you explore the site, he has a photo album and i highly recommend the photos of Bailey and their cat, very sweet affectionate and cute photos of them together.

judy said:
I'd like to set up a web cam so i could see zack when i'm at the office. I don't think i can do it here because the area's too big. I guess i could focus the camera on the area of the floor where Zack chews his toys. Once in a while he has chewed things he's not supposed to, like pens, which i find on the floor when i get home. If i was watching him from my office and he started chewing a pen, i coud then call my answering machine at home and use it to tell Zack to "leave it," and just basically cut it out. That would be pretty funny, to imagine zack getting an annoumcement from the speaker saying "Stop that RIGHT NOW young man!" I bet it would work.
:lol: That would really be something! :lol:

:lol: Arthur sounds so cute! and mischief! :lol:

...yes i have a jumper with me...Milo (when he was abt 5mnths...we had a pen put up for them 50 inches and my boy..jumped it!!..well actually he didnt jump it ;) i think he cheats a little (ive seen him do it)...well theres 2 other rungs at the top - one about 5 inches below and another about 3 inches below that..well Milo jumps up and (so hard to explain ;) ) sort of hoists himself up so that his front paws are on the top and his bottom on the rung below..

.and if your out of the house by the time your back in he will be outside the pen...however if you are in the house he just sit/stands on the rung waiting for you to take him down (its a hilarious sight!!!!!!!)..

Monty on the other hand i think is to scared to do anything stupid (thank goodness i have ONE sane dog..well ya cant really call him that icon_whistling )

...well....by the time we figured out what was happeing and what to do it was time for them to be pretty much pen-free...so yea...i just sort of rambled ... sorry.. icon_whistling

Updated with Pic

:updte:

Caught in the act....We had to put Arthur in the kitchen for a few minutes the other night to give Duncan a haircut and we caught him first hand "jumping" the baby gate....Crafty little monster!! :yikes icon_whistling

288175840_a19e4b916c.jpg

Seriously, have you seen anything cuter? :lol:

OMG!!! :lol: :yikes
Look at those long back legs! You should have called him froggy ;)
And it looks like he's actually climbing and not just leaping over.
I love his expression :D

Back