PDA

View Full Version : Can you keep a secret?

Lindsay
25th October 2006, 01:28 PM
Just got an email from my breeder and she let me know that Josh's Christmas present was born Saturday night! :D

I am so excited!!! Josh just moved out of his parents house, and he is dying for a baby of his own (as Spencer and Izzy live with me) so I thought a little tri girl would be the perfect stocking stuffer. I am thinking of naming her Matilda and we will call her Tilly. :)

Here is the pic I got of her! I am in love with the stripe down her back! :flwr:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/lindsaysfrogs/Tilly.jpg

Mary
25th October 2006, 01:35 PM
:w*w: What a great Christmas present! Beautiful little baby!!

Maxxs_Mummy
25th October 2006, 01:57 PM
OMG she's delicious. I can't ever remember Maxxy being that small but I saw him when he was only a few days old so he must have been :lol:

Who is Josh btw? - Sorry if I'm being thick here!

Lindsay
25th October 2006, 01:59 PM
Josh is my boyfriend of almost 3 years. Here we are with our boy last winter...

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/lindsaysfrogs/thefam2.jpg

Maxxs_Mummy
25th October 2006, 02:07 PM
Oh sorry Lindsay :flwr: I forgot your boyf was called Josh :roll: I also thought you lived together :roll: :sl*p:

Lani
25th October 2006, 02:08 PM
Ohhh, how sweet!! Will Tilly be old enough to surprise him "in person" Christmas morning?

What a sweet gift!!! Spencer and Izzy are going to be so excited too!!!

Lindsay
25th October 2006, 02:14 PM
Hmmm...I don't have the details worked out on how I am going to give her to him. She will be 8 weeks old on December 16th. Any ideas on how I should surprise him?

Sunna
25th October 2006, 02:15 PM
She is beutiful and I love her markings :flwr:

Vickie
25th October 2006, 03:08 PM
:w*w: what an adorable baby!! :D what a fantastic Christmas you're going to have :D

duncans_ma
25th October 2006, 03:28 PM
If you could have them hold her until Christmas Eve wouldn't that be wonderful. Maybe you could have a friend nearby leave her on the front porch early in the AM Xmas monring and ring the bell to pretend Santa left her early Christmas morning. Can't you just see her cute face staring up at him in a crate or basket when he opened the door!

Lani
25th October 2006, 03:48 PM
Awwww! Love that idea ... and if you can find a little santa or elf costume and she'd let you dress her in it long enough for the initial meeting that would be so sweet.

Maybe even just a red bow tied around her neck or attached to a collar/harness. :-)

Lisa_T
25th October 2006, 04:01 PM
Or buy one of those furry cat pockets- I'm sure she'd snuggle in there quite happily- you could tie red ribbons around it to make it more stockingy.

Linda
25th October 2006, 04:19 PM
Do you plan on spending Christmas with Josh or will he be alone.

Either way, I would definetely try and have her held at the breeders as long as possible and have someone drop her off Christmas Eve (If you open gifts then, some do) or Christmas morning. I would put her in a basket with a gorgeous Christmas bow on it and also a bow on her.

If you can't find anyone to do it, and you are together Xmas Eve and the breeder is not to far away. I would excuse myself with some sort of excuse and go get her and do the doorbell thing yourself and make yourself invisible until he answers that door.

What a gorgeous Xmas present.
Does he have any idea that you are thinking about doing this. If not you are really good at keeping secrets. :D :D :D :D :D

Cathy T
25th October 2006, 04:20 PM
How exciting. And what a beautiful coat...love those markings!

*Jenný*
25th October 2006, 04:23 PM
Why don't I get a christmas present like that? :lol:

Kingofthehouse86
25th October 2006, 04:26 PM
That sounds like a wonderful XMAS present....An idea that you could do is have a friend watch her on XMAS Eve then XMAS morning try and sneak out before he wakes up get her, doll her up and present her to him in a basket wit ribbons and all

cecily
25th October 2006, 04:31 PM
What a fantastic present :D

Must point OH in direction of this thread.... :lol:

Mic
25th October 2006, 04:40 PM
When my sister's dog died and she was devastated, the rest of the siblings (6 sisters total) chipped in and bought her another one. We put him in a basket with a big bow on his collar on her stoop, rang the doorbell and hid. She was so surprised and excited.

When I got a cav for my daughter's 10th birthday, I had him stay with my mom overnight. The next day I set out "clues" around the house and yard. Each clue was a mini-poem that sent her to the next location and clue. The first clue was inside her birthday card. We started in the kitchen, then to her room, on to the tree fort, the mail box, the front gate, and finally back to the kitchen. DH and siblings followed her around and filmed everything. Once the clues lead her outside, my mom snuck the pup & crate into the kitchen. I had already gift wrapped a box (with the bottom removed) that was big enough to slip over the crate. When my daughter came racing into the kitchen, followed by a crew of kids and cameras, her eyes grew wide when she saw a huge box with her name on it. She ripped off the wrapping (didn't notice that the box didn't have a bottom and she could have simply lifted it up to see the contents) to discover a Gateway computer box.

"You got me a computer?" She said, confused. When she finally opened the box and saw the crate, she was so excited she started crying...before she even laid eyes on the pup. She'd been begging for a dog for so long. She unlatched the crate and Bailey leaped into her arms.

Puppy: $1600
Transportation: $200
Supplies and food: $150
Memories (and videos) of the moment they met: PRICELESS!

Cupcake Love
25th October 2006, 04:41 PM
Oh what a wonderful gift!! She is absolutely adorable. :) Cupcake was my Christmas present last year and she was the best gift my husband could have ever given me - I'm sure your fellow will feel the same. :)

Linda
25th October 2006, 04:47 PM
When my sister's dog died and she was devastated, the rest of the siblings (6 sisters total) chipped in and bought her another one. We put him in a basket with a big bow on his collar on her stoop, rang the doorbell and hid. She was so surprised and excited.

When I got a cav for my daughter's 10th birthday, I had him stay with my mom overnight. The next day I set out "clues" around the house and yard. Each clue was a mini-poem that sent her to the next location and clue. The first clue was inside her birthday card. We started in the kitchen, then to her room, on to the tree fort, the mail box, the front gate, and finally back to the kitchen. DH and siblings followed her around and filmed everything. Once the clues lead her outside, my mom snuck the pup & crate into the kitchen. I had already gift wrapped a box (with the bottom removed) that was big enough to slip over the crate. When my daughter came racing into the kitchen, followed by a crew of kids and cameras, her eyes grew wide when she saw a huge box with her name on it. She ripped off the wrapping (didn't notice that the box didn't have a bottom and she could have simply lifted it up to see the contents) to discover a Gateway computer box.

"You got me a computer?" She said, confused. When she finally opened the box and saw the crate, she was so excited she started crying...before she even laid eyes on the pup. She'd been begging for a dog for so long. She unlatched the crate and Bailey leaped into her arms.

Mic

Your story made me cry tears of joy and happiness.
What a lovely memory, bet you will treasure that for the rest of your life.
Something your daughter will never forget either.

What a wonderful mom you must be, I also just love your Memories version of the day. :D

Cathy Moon
25th October 2006, 05:26 PM
Since Christmas is on a Monday, I would try to bring her home on Friday or Saturday before, so she has a few days to acclimate before Christmas. She would still be a Christmas present, but she, being just a baby, needs to adjust in a calm environment. :flwr:

molly+charlies mum
25th October 2006, 06:07 PM
lucky josh, i wish someone would surprise me with a new furry baby you know THE BLACK AND TAN CAVALIERS, PERFECT CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR ME he has trouble reading small print :D

Lindsay
25th October 2006, 06:17 PM
All fantastic ideas! :lotsaluv: I absolutely cannot wait until Christmas now. It is going to be torture waiting for her and keeping it from him. I will be sure to post pics of her as she grows and the breeder sends them to me. At least that way I can share my secret with you all! :D

As for what the arrangements will be for Christmas, if I had to guess he will probably stay Christmas night with me and our current babies, so that may be the best time to surprise him. I will definitely let you all know when I decide what I am doing. I love the suggestions...keep them coming! :D

On a side note, when I was 7 my parents surprised me with a kitten for Christmas. My mom says that literally a couple of days before Christmas when we were saying our nighttime prayers, I started praying that Jesus would let Santa bring me a kitten. Well of course this absolutely killed my mom in that this was the first time I had mentioned wanting a kitten, and being that it was 2 days before Christmas there were no kittens to be found anywhere! :shock: So finally on Christma Eve she finds this cat lady that has 1 kitten left from a litter but it was so sick. It was wormy and had an eye infection and ear mites, but it was the only kitten left in this city, so my mom adopted it. To hide it she had our neighbor, who was about 6 months pregnant, watch the kitten. The neighbor accidentally let it go outside and it ran under their house! :yikes

So finally they get the kitten out from under the house and get it under the tree for me to find on Christmas morning. I ran and got my mom and told her and all she could say is "Dont touch it! Dont touch it! We have to get it to a vet before you touch it!" But at least I got my Christmas kitten! :D

Let's hope the puppy experience goes better than that for me!!! :lol:

matties mum
25th October 2006, 07:20 PM

I think this is loverly and can just see her face in my mind what a good idea Aileen

Cathy T
26th October 2006, 02:38 AM
Mic - what an incredibly sweet story.

Lindsay- your mom sounds wonderful! How sweet of her.

My best friend got her family a poodle a couple of years ago. I went with her to pick him out and was there when he was presented to the kids. I was crying, the kids were crying, mom was crying. It was so sweet. That dog is still the absolute love of their lives!!!

enchantingdragon
26th October 2006, 03:08 AM
What a sweet gift Im sure he'll be over the moon Christmas day

Nisha
26th October 2006, 07:32 AM
what a brilliant xmas present!!!!!!!!!! im sure josh will be thrilled!!!! im getting all excited reading all the different ways to suprise him ;) ..

Mic that was a beautiful story!

:lol: thats a good one!

anyway keep us updated on the pup (she looks sooooooooo cute btw!!!!!!!!!!!) and your suprise!

Forest
26th October 2006, 11:31 AM
Oh what heartwarming stories :)
Julie and the girls

Lindsay
7th November 2006, 03:03 AM
:updte:

The breeder sent me new pics today! Tilly has her eyes wide open and is so much bigger! I am counting down the days until I can go get her! :flwr: :drivecar: :flwr:

See my pretty markings!
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/lindsaysfrogs/Babies007.jpg

It's hard being a puppy...
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/lindsaysfrogs/Babies006.jpg

Hi new mommy!
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/lindsaysfrogs/Babies004.jpg

Silly face!
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/lindsaysfrogs/Babies003.jpg

I love her already! :lotsaluv:

arasara
7th November 2006, 03:22 AM
LOL you gotta love that tongue!! That's priceless!!

Nisha
7th November 2006, 08:17 AM
aww wat a sweetie! her markings are gorgeous :flwr:

merlinsmum
7th November 2006, 01:46 PM
She's a little poppet - love the tongue! Bet you can't wait to bring her home! ;)

Sunna
7th November 2006, 03:41 PM
Oh she is so pretty :flwr: I'm in the same situation (my third cav comes home after 13 days :D) and I know the waiting is TOO hard hehe..

Linda
7th November 2006, 04:04 PM
She has gorgeous markings, I just love that 3rd picture looks like she is waving to us. :hug:

What a lucky guy Josh is, is he still in the dark about all of this.????????

You are amazing at keeping secrets. :jump:

Denise G.
7th November 2006, 04:10 PM
What a fun Christmas gift and she's so beautiful!! I love the idea of putting her on the doorstep with a big red bow around her neck. :l*v:

Whatever way you surprise him--we'd love to see pictures/video of it!!

Lindsay
7th November 2006, 07:43 PM
He is still in the dark. It's torture for me not to tell him! I have not decided how I am going to do it yet. I still have a little time to plan. The problem is she is going to be 8 weeks on December 16th and I don't know if I will be able to stand being without her another 10 days. So he might really be surprised if he gets an early Christmas present! :flwr:

Denise G.
7th November 2006, 07:50 PM
I know it would be difficult, but if I were you I think I would let her stay with her brothers/sisters/Mom for those extra days. From what I've read here on the forum, the longer they stay with Mom/siblings, the better equipped they are to settle into their new home with you. I know it would be excruciating to wait, though--so, good luck with your decision. :lol:

It'll be fun either way!!

gocamping
8th November 2006, 02:35 AM
She is beautiful! What a nice surprise for Josh! You could a little survivor theme like we did for my daughter's b-day party. Only make the stop puppy related. We did envelopes with clues. They had to guess where to go and then get their picture taken.

You could have him go to the pet store and buy a dog toy! Then go to store and buy a leash etc. Go to blockbuster and rent the movie Matilda. etc.

The last stop could be the breeder! You could do it the weekend before.

Boy, why doesn't anyone ever have that idea for me?

arasara
8th November 2006, 02:55 AM
hey, I have to say, I agree with Denise.. .. i know it's torturous to have to wait for your little one, but please reconsider homing him so early. The extra weeks are crucial to puppy socialization and development. 8 weeks is the absolute minimum to hope a puppy - many people reccommend to wait until 10 or even 12 weeks! :flwr:

Cathy T
8th November 2006, 03:17 AM
I second and third the advice about hanging on that extra time. I brought Jake home at 10 weeks and Shelby at 12 weeks. It's amazing the difference those two weeks made. Shelby was a much easier puppy. Don't mean to torture you :D

Chelle
8th November 2006, 03:18 AM
How exciting! I'd love to see the look on his face when you give her to him. Have a camera on hand! :lol:

Lindsay
27th November 2006, 12:17 AM

This is Tilly's latest pic. Apparently she is very shy and sweet but loves to play with toys and her siblings.

It won't be long now!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/lindsaysfrogs/Babies039.jpg

Remali
27th November 2006, 12:45 AM
What a nice puppy, and very pretty markings! Josh will be so excited!!!
Tilly is a doll!

Joanne M
27th November 2006, 12:57 AM
Good luck to you and Josh with Tilly. That's a wonderful present, full of love.

moniechris
27th November 2006, 02:44 AM
Put mke on your Christmas list!!! I want a black and tan next year!! ;)

merlinsmum
30th November 2006, 01:30 PM
Oh Tilly is just gorgeous...........

Lindsay
15th December 2006, 02:01 AM
:updte: :updte: :updte: :updte: :updte:

I am going early Saturday morning to get Tilly! Being that Christmas is next weekend, I just would not have time to go get her any later before Christmas. I am honestly not really worried about socialization, though. My 2 current dogs love other dogs, so I am not worried about them adjusting to her. :)

I honestly don't think I will make a big production of giving her to him. I think I am just going to invite him over and have Tilly running around with a red bow. :)

I will be sure to take pics, though! Wish me luck! :flwr:

matties mum
15th December 2006, 09:12 AM
yes you must take photos----Aileen

Vickie
15th December 2006, 09:29 AM
Ooooh I was just wondering when you were going to collect Tilly!

How exciting :jump:

wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow, lots of pics please :D :snap:

Claire
15th December 2006, 11:59 AM
That's great news. How old is she now?

Lindsay
15th December 2006, 02:10 PM
She is 8 weeks old :shock:

Shay
15th December 2006, 02:35 PM
Congratilatios on the new arrival. She is adorable. I know your BF is going to fall in love with her at first sight.

Baileyboy
15th December 2006, 03:30 PM
She's a beauty...... Love the idea of her just running around with a red bow... I'm so excited and I'm not even going to be there icon_whistling icon_whistling ... Make sure you take lots of pic's

Lani
15th December 2006, 03:33 PM
Have a great time!! I can't wait to see the pics!! :)

Lindsay
15th December 2006, 04:35 PM
Just talked to Josh...he is going to be out of town until 1:30 in the afternoon tomorrow! Plenty of time for me to get her home and scheme a little. Its falling into place! :D

duncans_ma
15th December 2006, 05:18 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about it

Kodee
15th December 2006, 05:47 PM
being christmas time, this story is just so cute! I demand a video hook up with real player so we can all view the "Reality Cavalier Surprise Show". Ok so my idea is a little invasive on your personal life - but hey reality shows are where its at, right?

I dont know how your containing yourself. I loved reading the story about the puppy for someones daughter where the crate was under a box at her birthday too.

Denise G.
15th December 2006, 05:51 PM
You must be SO excited!!

Tilly is such a cutie! What a fun Christmas you're going to have!

Good luck with your little surprise!

Lindsay
16th December 2006, 05:57 PM

Tilly is home! We are just waiting for Daddy to get home from Atlanta!

YAY!!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :D :D :D :D

Not too sure about my new mommy...
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/lindsaysfrogs/Babies071.jpg

Will you be my friend?
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/lindsaysfrogs/Babies076.jpg

Nevermind...you're no fun!
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/lindsaysfrogs/Babies074.jpg

I will try to keep the camera handy for he gets here! :flwr: :D

Shay
16th December 2006, 06:04 PM
How cute is that! She is a little doll. Can't wait to hear what your BF's response was.

Lindsay
16th December 2006, 10:52 PM
Happy ending... :D :D :D

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/lindsaysfrogs/Babies078.jpg

Coco's mom
16th December 2006, 10:59 PM
Awwww! :D

enchantingdragon
17th December 2006, 04:01 PM
Awwww yaya Im sure he is so in love with her already!

Linda
17th December 2006, 04:06 PM
Adorable Lindsay, but more details please.
Like did he have any idea ??????
What was his reactions when he walked in the door. ??????????????????

She is adorable :D :D :D :D :D

Lindsay
17th December 2006, 04:14 PM
Sorry I couldn't post more about it last night. :(

I was just sitting on the couch with her when he came in. It took him forever to get through his head that she was his! He didn't believe me! :lol:

He had no idea. He was so excited! :flwr:

Obviously he had no supplies or puppy proofing at his place, so she stayed with me last night. She did so good. She did not make a peep until 7:45 this morning! And so far, so good on the potty breaks :)

Thank you all for sharing in this with me. I don't think I could have kept to secret if I couldn't have spilled my guts on here! 8) :lol:

moniechris
18th December 2006, 03:14 AM
YAAYYY!!! He must have been out of his mind with shock!!! :lol: What a wonderful Christmas gift!!!

Nisha
18th December 2006, 08:08 AM
wow im sure he was absolutely excited!!!! glad it turned out excellently!!!!! she is soooo cute in the pics!