• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Can you keep a secret?

Lindsay

Just got an email from my breeder and she let me know that Josh's Christmas present was born Saturday night! :D

I am so excited!!! Josh just moved out of his parents house, and he is dying for a baby of his own (as Spencer and Izzy live with me) so I thought a little tri girl would be the perfect stocking stuffer. I am thinking of naming her Matilda and we will call her Tilly. :)

Here is the pic I got of her! I am in love with the stripe down her back! :flwr:

Tilly.jpg

OMG she's delicious. I can't ever remember Maxxy being that small but I saw him when he was only a few days old so he must have been :lol:

Who is Josh btw? - Sorry if I'm being thick here!

Oh sorry Lindsay :flwr: I forgot your boyf was called Josh :roll: I also thought you lived together :roll: :sl*p:

Ohhh, how sweet!! Will Tilly be old enough to surprise him "in person" Christmas morning?

What a sweet gift!!! Spencer and Izzy are going to be so excited too!!!

Hmmm...I don't have the details worked out on how I am going to give her to him. She will be 8 weeks old on December 16th. Any ideas on how I should surprise him?

If you could have them hold her until Christmas Eve wouldn't that be wonderful. Maybe you could have a friend nearby leave her on the front porch early in the AM Xmas monring and ring the bell to pretend Santa left her early Christmas morning. Can't you just see her cute face staring up at him in a crate or basket when he opened the door!

Awwww! Love that idea ... and if you can find a little santa or elf costume and she'd let you dress her in it long enough for the initial meeting that would be so sweet.

Maybe even just a red bow tied around her neck or attached to a collar/harness. :)

Or buy one of those furry cat pockets- I'm sure she'd snuggle in there quite happily- you could tie red ribbons around it to make it more stockingy.

Do you plan on spending Christmas with Josh or will he be alone.

Either way, I would definetely try and have her held at the breeders as long as possible and have someone drop her off Christmas Eve (If you open gifts then, some do) or Christmas morning. I would put her in a basket with a gorgeous Christmas bow on it and also a bow on her.

If you can't find anyone to do it, and you are together Xmas Eve and the breeder is not to far away. I would excuse myself with some sort of excuse and go get her and do the doorbell thing yourself and make yourself invisible until he answers that door.

What a gorgeous Xmas present.
Does he have any idea that you are thinking about doing this. If not you are really good at keeping secrets. :D :D :D :D :D

That sounds like a wonderful XMAS present....An idea that you could do is have a friend watch her on XMAS Eve then XMAS morning try and sneak out before he wakes up get her, doll her up and present her to him in a basket wit ribbons and all

When my sister's dog died and she was devastated, the rest of the siblings (6 sisters total) chipped in and bought her another one. We put him in a basket with a big bow on his collar on her stoop, rang the doorbell and hid. She was so surprised and excited.

When I got a cav for my daughter's 10th birthday, I had him stay with my mom overnight. The next day I set out "clues" around the house and yard. Each clue was a mini-poem that sent her to the next location and clue. The first clue was inside her birthday card. We started in the kitchen, then to her room, on to the tree fort, the mail box, the front gate, and finally back to the kitchen. DH and siblings followed her around and filmed everything. Once the clues lead her outside, my mom snuck the pup & crate into the kitchen. I had already gift wrapped a box (with the bottom removed) that was big enough to slip over the crate. When my daughter came racing into the kitchen, followed by a crew of kids and cameras, her eyes grew wide when she saw a huge box with her name on it. She ripped off the wrapping (didn't notice that the box didn't have a bottom and she could have simply lifted it up to see the contents) to discover a Gateway computer box.

"You got me a computer?" She said, confused. When she finally opened the box and saw the crate, she was so excited she started crying...before she even laid eyes on the pup. She'd been begging for a dog for so long. She unlatched the crate and Bailey leaped into her arms.

Puppy: $1600
Transportation: $200
Supplies and food: $150
Memories (and videos) of the moment they met: PRICELESS!

Oh what a wonderful gift!! She is absolutely adorable. :) Cupcake was my Christmas present last year and she was the best gift my husband could have ever given me - I'm sure your fellow will feel the same. :)

Mic said:
When my sister's dog died and she was devastated, the rest of the siblings (6 sisters total) chipped in and bought her another one. We put him in a basket with a big bow on his collar on her stoop, rang the doorbell and hid. She was so surprised and excited.

When I got a cav for my daughter's 10th birthday, I had him stay with my mom overnight. The next day I set out "clues" around the house and yard. Each clue was a mini-poem that sent her to the next location and clue. The first clue was inside her birthday card. We started in the kitchen, then to her room, on to the tree fort, the mail box, the front gate, and finally back to the kitchen. DH and siblings followed her around and filmed everything. Once the clues lead her outside, my mom snuck the pup & crate into the kitchen. I had already gift wrapped a box (with the bottom removed) that was big enough to slip over the crate. When my daughter came racing into the kitchen, followed by a crew of kids and cameras, her eyes grew wide when she saw a huge box with her name on it. She ripped off the wrapping (didn't notice that the box didn't have a bottom and she could have simply lifted it up to see the contents) to discover a Gateway computer box.

"You got me a computer?" She said, confused. When she finally opened the box and saw the crate, she was so excited she started crying...before she even laid eyes on the pup. She'd been begging for a dog for so long. She unlatched the crate and Bailey leaped into her arms.

Puppy: $1600
Transportation: $200
Supplies and food: $150
Memories (and videos) of the moment they met: PRICELESS!

Mic

Your story made me cry tears of joy and happiness.
What a lovely memory, bet you will treasure that for the rest of your life.
Something your daughter will never forget either.

What a wonderful mom you must be, I also just love your Memories version of the day. :D

Back