• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Artwork

Barbara Nixon

On other sites I've visited, there have been lots of talented people, particularly in the field of animal art. It's lovely to see their work, so come on. Any artists on here ?

I do oil painting from time to time - I have some of my work on my website - www.lanikins.com.

I also did some animal pop-art for some friends a while back:

shaggyColored.jpg

ellacolored1.jpg

razzhol.jpg

Those images are bit bigger than I'd want them to be - I'll try to go back and edit them later today and make them smaller.

I love Davy's Photoshop art. I got Corel Painter 8 that allows you to take photos and make digital paintings from them. There is lots of cool stuff you can do ... I just need to find time to learn it. :dogwlk:

Lani your art work on your website is beautiful!! I am really impressed!

I dabble in black and white photography, but I use an old 8mm camera so I can't just post the pics without scanning them first. I also make jewelry, if that counts. Everyone tells me that I should sell the necklaces that I make, but I get too attached and like to wear them :)

Fun pictures lani , did you paint them by hand or are they done on photoshop

I really like to draw and do it as oftan as I can. But if it is good, that is another story... :roll: :lol:
I have hundreds of pencil drawings, oil paintings, few sculputer and LOT o scratches. But I onley have few pictures of my "art" in the computer, but here they are:

m0080496.jpg

An oil painting of Nóra...

m0132590.jpg

And a scratch of ruby Cavalir, not good qualites...

m0080497.jpg

Non doggy thing, just pears :lol:

;)[/img]

Wow! I love the drawings and the sculptures and your paintings too Jenny! Very cool.

My website hasn't been updated in a while - I am taking a break from painting classes this term to spend more time with Lucky ... once I get a little bit of time I am hoping to set up the easel and do a little oil painting of Lucky. :) I'll have to do it from a photo though ... no way will he sit still long enough to pose for me. icon_whistling

AT - the pop art portraits were done in Photoshop. I went to an Andy Warhol exhibit at the Tate Modern when I was living in London and really got an appreciation of his art. I think it'd be fun to try to do the pop art by hand some day too or even more fun figure out the silk screening technique.

I have two of Angela's Cavaliers sculptures, painted to Rupert and Peaches' markings {from photographs}. They are fabulous, the photo doesn't do them justice.

I have also seen a few of her pastel portraits of Cavaliers, and they are fantastic likenesses, she is very talented.

We obviously have some really talented people on here.

I do photography mainly, but also card making, cross stitch etc.

A very talented lady called Glynis Terry is doing animal portraits to raise funds for NESSR, a rescue on the Scottish borders which takes all breeds of Spaniel, including lots of Cavaliers :(

http://www.nessr-pet-supplies.co.uk/pet_portraits.html

I may have to send Angela photos of Lucky when he gets a bit older and his face fills out and his coloring gets settled. His little white stripe down his face has gotten thinner and thinner as he's gotten older.

wow!! that is an absolutely brilliant sculpture AT!! you could be selling these!!..and all the paintings and drawings and photoshop work are brilliant as well!

Nicki said:
I have two of Angela's Cavaliers sculptures, painted to Rupert and Peaches' markings {from photographs}. They are fabulous, the photo doesn't do them justice.

I have also seen a few of her pastel portraits of Cavaliers, and they are fantastic likenesses, she is very talented.

We obviously have some really talented people on here.

I do photography mainly, but also card making, cross stitch etc.

I love your avatar photo, did you take that one.

This was the last portrait I did.

Scan1lo.jpg

Back