• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How old is your cav(s) and how much do they wiegh

laurenlyn1

I just want to see the size and age range of all the cavs haning out on cavalier talk.

Brady is a little over 6 months and he's about 11lbs

Kosmo is a little fatty!! He apparently is still having growth spurts! :yikes

He stayed at 12 lbs for over 2 months and then all of a sudden.. WHAM! I took him in Thursday and he was at 13.4! :shock:

zack suddenly started putting on weight too in the past month. Sounds like he and Robbie are twins. zack is a year old this month, and he weighed a little over 16 pounds when i weighed him about a week ago.

About a week or two before that, he weighed 15.0 pounds, so that was a quick weight gain. A few weeks before that, he had weighed less than 14.5 pounds for months, for about 6 or 7 months, his weight didn't change, it just stayed a little over 14 pounds.

With him gaining weight this month, i've reduced his food portions a little. It may be he gained weight because for about 3 weeks, i was mixing Stella and Chewys freeze dried raw meat patties in with his Evo--the patties have a high fat content. he loved it but i've stopped it due to the weight gain. He still visibly goes in at the waist and all i can feel is muscle and bone, no fat, but he looks thicker overall and i don't want him ending up overweight.

also, in the past month, i have not been taking him to the dog park, only twice. I was taking him several times a week but due to life circumstances, i have stopped. he just gets an hour a day walk now.

By the way, at the pet store, they told me Innova Evo now has a low fat version, about half the fat of their regular kind. But they didn't carry it in the size i need. i'm going to have them order a bag for me, they will take it back and give a refund if he doesn't like it.

At his last vet visit - a couple of days past 18 weeks Lucky was 12 lbs. Definitely not overweight though, just a long lean body and long legs!

Brady is a pretty long and tall guy too. Maybe he was a doxie in another life! (except the being tall part, just long :p )

Cupcake is 13 months old and a petite 10 lbs. Nacho, on the other hand, is 9 months old and a roly-poly 16 lbs. :p

Pixie's almost 2 1/2 and weighs in around 16 pounds. We've gotten her weight down about 2 pounds since last year (she gained a bit both before and right after her patella surgery.) I'd like to see her down another pound or 2.

Popped her over to the vets for the scales yesterday..age 3yrs and spayed....17.8 pounds, and thats after saying goodbye to a "Spare layer" since we brought her home in June !!!

I like her at this weight, she has a "Shape" and "Waist" and I can feel her ribs through her coat easily, she walks miles every day...a fit little girl :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Merlin is 20 months and weighs 19 pounds - he is top end of the UK standard

Oakley is 11 weeks and weighs 8 pounds ( just weighed him now) - he doesn't look fat - you can feel his ribs - i think he is going to be heavy boned ;)

Maxx is 7 and 13.5kg. He's a very big Cavalier and tbh there's not that much of him - I can feel his ribs and the Vet is happy with him :) He's more like a large Springer than a Cavalier but both his parents are big dogs too :lol:

Charlie is 3 in March & weighs about 11kg now. He was 10kg when we got him and James (Vet) said he needed to gain a little as he really was skinny :( now that he's eating a proper diet he's gained a little but only enough to be healthy.

Both my boys are really fit (except for Maxx's SM & PSOM & Charlie's allergies) and can walk miles & do on a regular basis :D

Misha is 10 and weighs 21lbs, a big boy! He's at a healthy weight though.

Merlin is 14wks and weighs 5.2lbs, up from 3.4lbs at 10wks.

Max is almost a year old (nov 28th) and he is about 22 lbs... big boy i guess, although he isnt fat, just bigger all over.

Murphy is 8 months and weighs 17 pounds. :shock: He's all legs at the moments but he got just the right covering over his ribs. He feels a lot heavier when you pick him up for a cuddle though1

Spencer is 15 months and is 14 lbs 7 oz. Izzy is 10 months and weighs 11 lbs. I've got some skinny kids!

Corgan is 7 1/2 months old and has weighed 14.5 pounds for several weeks now. We hope he doesn't get bigger than 18 pounds or so, but are guessing he'll get up to 20. :) Of course, we'll love him even if he's a healthy 30 pounds! ;)

Gus is almost 5 (next month) and weighs 9.5 kilos he's an average size cavalier.

Pippin is 2 and 9mths next saturday and weighs 7.5 kilos he is a small cavalier.

Gus could do with losing a little bit ,although it's hard to tell as he has a heavy coat, pippin seems fine but needs to stay that way so I feed both of them on a light food now.

Back