• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barney

matties mum

Over the last day or two Barney has been playing when sundenly in starts to yelp and walking funny or should I say limping with his back leg going straight and not beening able to bend the leg after it gose of all he wants to do is sleep I am going to take him to the vet one day this week but wonder if any one could give me some advice or tell me I beening stupid to notice this ---Aileen

I'm sure there are several possibilities, but you're not gonna like what my vet said when my dog did the same thing: luxating patella. It's not life threatening or anything, but he required surgery. Not all cases, do, however.

Maybe he just slightly injured it at play and just needs an anti-inflammatory and some rest. Hope that's it.

Good luck at the vets.

We had a rescue here that did the same thing-- she had a luxating patella. She had actually learned to walk, run etc... on three legs. I am hoping for better news for your baby.

That was also my first thought. Unfortunately I'm hearing more and more of this. Guess it just comes with the proliferation of the breed. Shelby had it and had surgery. She's great now. Let us know what you find out. Maybe it's just an injury that can be treated with anti-inflams.

So sorry to hear Barney's hurting. Sounds like luxating patella to me, too. I would get him to a vet soon. :(

Good luck Aileen, i'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best for Barney.

Poor Barney,

Hope it's not a lux patella but it certainly sounds that way :( Are you going to get him checked over by your Vet? Let us know how you get on :flwr:

Just got back from the vets he said that it is lux patella and put him on a painkill tablet now I kmow what it is I feel better in time he might have to have an operation but he wants to wait for a while also ask if he his insuraced which he is :) Aileen

Poor little Barney. Big :hug: for him and you. I know what you mean when you say that now that you know what it is you feel better. I always think that if you know what something is you can cope, it's the not knowing that's the worst :(

Hope the pain killers work and that he rests up a bit too xxxxx

Ohh Barney! I hope his knee feels better soon. There are several of us who've been down this road, so we're here for you if he has to have surgery.

So glad you have insurance, too! :flwr:

Sorry 'bout that...I'd hoped my feeling was wrong. Maybe the meds will do the job and he won't need surgery. Hope so!

Back to the Vets tomorrow Hopeing for the best but it would not be a surpass if he has to have an operation wish us luck---Aileen

:xfngr: good luck! i hope it conservative treatment can help him. i'll be thinking of you guys...

:jmp2: Good news at the vets no operation yet all we got to do is to give him tablets so :jump: b*n*n* cl*p Aileen

Back