• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just a dog

matties mum

From time to time, people tell me,
"lighten up, it's just a dog,"
or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog."
They don't understand the distance traveled,
the time spent, or the costs involved for
"just a dog."
Some of my proudest moments have come about with
"just a dog."
Many hours have passed and my only company was
"just a dog,"
but I did not once feel slighted.
Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by
"just a dog,"
and in those days of darkness,
the gentle touch of "just a dog"
gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.
If you, too, think it's "just a dog,"
then you will probably understand phases
like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or
"just a promise."
"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence
of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.
"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and
patience that make me a better person.
Because of "just a dog" I will rise early,
take long walks and look longingly to the future.
So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog"
but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams
of the future, the fond memories of the past,
and the pure joy of the moment.
"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and
diverts my thoughts away from myself and the
worries of the day.
I hope that someday they can understand that
it's not "just a dog"
but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps
me from being "just a man."
So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog."
just smile, because they "just don't understand."

----Aileen

The other night I was reading the posts under the "rainbow bridge" catagory and my fiancee walks in to find me laying on the floor snuggling with my fur babies and I was sobbing. He looks at me like I was nuts and he said, "look at how you are with the dogs, could you imagine if we ever had kids??" I said "these are my kids". He ended up reading some posts and joined me with the boys with a little sniffle and a tear in his eye. Other people may look at us and think we are totally nuts, but you are totally right: "they just don't understand."

Now I am trying to write up a contract with my hubby, that if I promise I don't want any human kids, that he will get me a black and tan. tee hee. TOTALLY worth it :)

:flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

A little tear here....Nobody quite gets that my dogs are my absolute heart. I was put on this earth to be their mommy :D :lotsaluv:

Too true!!! There are some things that those who are not REAL doggy people just don't understand. Luckily I married a true doggy person. It was my pictures of dog shows that I used to go to just to watch, that actually brought us together. :)
Julie and the girls

Truer words were never spoken (y)
It always breaks my heart when I hear of people that just don't get it.
Too bad some of those humans can't find it in their hearts to have some of that compasion. :( The world would be a better place if they could!!

My furbabies are my four legged children and I have far more patience with them than I ever did with my human kids :lol: Thing is, all my furry babies ask for is love and affection, walks, grooming and food - they don't demand £60 trainers and then lose them at school the first time they wear them, do they?

My babies have always been there for me when sometimes none of my friends or family have been - no wonder I love them more than anything in the Universe :flwr:

Back