PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Possible foster needed for cruelty case ruby male

Karlin
4th November 2006, 03:53 PM
I may need a short term foster (up to a week) for the little ruby who was found at a rubbish heap in navan. He had been placed in a hole and covered in oil. He was starving and badly matted with some skin abrasions and sores.

:yikes :yikes

A kind man who works at the dump took him in and had been feeding him and he had his vet check today and a clean bill of health. Skin healing, coat cleaned up and gaining weight. I have a home pending for him arranged with another rescue, but he *may* need to go to a foster briefly, if anyone could take this little man. If anyone could manage this it would be great to have a foster on call for him! :) I don;t think a foster will be needed but want a backup just in case, for the start of next week sometime.

brid kenny
4th November 2006, 03:58 PM
Count me in!!

Lisa_T
4th November 2006, 04:21 PM
ditto

Maxxs_Mummy
4th November 2006, 05:04 PM
Poor little guy. I hope whoever did this to him gets their just rewards. Evil ********'s.

Thanks Brid and Lisa for opening your homes & your hearts to the fosters :l*v: it is hard to let them go again but it's so worth it isn't it? :hug:

Lisa_T
4th November 2006, 11:15 PM
Well I haven't actually fostered yet... :D I'm a bit far from Karlin for her to use me easily, I think.

cecily
4th November 2006, 11:28 PM
I may need a short term foster (up to a week) for the little ruby who was found at a rubbish heap in navan. He had been placed in a hole and covered in oil. He was starving and badly matted with some skin abrasions and sores.

Found in NAVAN?? :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes
I don't know why I think it's different than any other town in all the world, but it's horrible to think of such cruelty right on your own doorstep :( :(

The door is open here should he need a bit of TLC before he moves on :flwr:

Lindsay
4th November 2006, 11:54 PM
Ouch! This one hurts my heart! :(

Good luck little guy! :flwr:

Karlin
5th November 2006, 12:15 AM
Thanks all; I am waiting to hear from the other rescue folks at the moment. I know the man has had him a while and it would be nice to move him along but I am hopping he can go straight to his new home.

No collar and I believe the vets scanned for a chip and no chip. :( Please chip your dogs if you haven't -- not a single dog I've had in rescue has been chipped and many were obviously loved family pets. A small cost could save a lifetime of heartache.

merlinsmum
5th November 2006, 03:55 PM
Karlin, you do a great job.... I am still reeling over reading this, I am dumbfounded that people can treat other living creatures in such disgraceful ways. Thank goodness the man took him in, his fate could have been much worse.

Karlin
6th November 2006, 04:59 PM
This guy will be coming into foster if that's OK Brid. :lol: He is also looking for a very special home in Ireland with someone who is home and not at work during the day, as he has had enough of being left alone for one little dog I think. Another dog might be a nice situation for him. :)

brid kenny
6th November 2006, 05:02 PM
Yes I can take him as a foster.

Karlin
6th November 2006, 05:59 PM
I'm making contact with the man who has been caring for him -- thinking of collecting him Wednesday, possibly Tuesday evening. He is in Trim I think.

Justine
25th November 2006, 11:52 PM
have you found a home yet for this little cav...

Karlin
26th November 2006, 02:58 PM
Yes, he is with Sannie. :)