PDA

View Full Version : Introducing little Bertie !!!

mishmosh
4th November 2006, 05:36 PM
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/4707/dscn0475bf7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Here's Bertie. He's only 5 weeks here. I'm going to collect him on tuesday, when he'll be 8 1/2 weeks old.

It's being delayed because the fireworks are noisy this weekend where I live .

:D I'm really excited!!! My blenheim died aged 12, earlier in the year from cancer and I really miss him.

brid kenny
4th November 2006, 06:12 PM
He's gorgeous. Enjoy.

jill
4th November 2006, 06:13 PM
how adorable!! congratulations :D :D :D

Lindsay
4th November 2006, 07:23 PM
CONGRATS!!! He is a doll! :flwr:

Maxxs_Mummy
4th November 2006, 08:10 PM
Oh what a darling little boy :hug: Congrats :fool:

I'm so sorry about your older furbaby. There is an In Memoriam page where you can post all about him :flwr:

Sally
4th November 2006, 09:17 PM
Oh, what a cutie! I love the name Bertie. :) I know you must miss your other boy terribly...hopefully this adorable little guy will help fill the hole in your heart.

You'll have to post pictures when you bring him home!

alibunnylady
4th November 2006, 11:29 PM
Oooh, another Bertie, hehehe. Your choice of name is first class! :badgrin:

Coco's mom
4th November 2006, 11:35 PM
Congratulations! Aww he's just precious! You must be so excited! :jmp:
Be sure to take lots of lots of pictures! :snap: We'd love to see more.

Cathy T
5th November 2006, 02:00 AM
Hooray for Bertie. What a doll baby.

Also so for your loss on Charlie. Wonderful that he had a long happy life even missing an eye. What a fantastic boy.

merlinsmum
5th November 2006, 02:47 PM
Ohhh what a cutie Bertie is! he looks just like my Oakley! (aka tubs, mischief mits, fat boy slim)

lily
5th November 2006, 03:39 PM
ah how lovely... i luv my tri but i absolutley love the rubys aswell..... infact i luv the black & tan to..

mishmosh
5th November 2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks for all your comments! :flwr:

We found out the other day that he has a minor umbilical hernia. We didn't want to pull out as we had fallen in love with him, but the breeder is reluctant to reduce the price. She just says it's minor and if he needs an operation, she will pay for it.

SHANO
5th November 2006, 05:29 PM
So cute! I'm really starting to like the ruby Cavalier's! Congrats!

mishmosh
5th November 2006, 08:07 PM
I didn't want another blenheim as I associate it too much with my dog who died.

pippa
6th November 2006, 01:34 AM
He is lovely! So sorry to hear about the loss of your blenhiem, wishing you a long and happy time with your new boy.

moniechris
7th November 2006, 01:35 AM
OOOHHH! What a love bug! Gosh, I couldn't imagine having one at a time. Why not get one of every color? :D (This is my plot, in which my fiancee is still unaware...half way there until my ultimate take down.) B&T is next. This ruby puppy may just change my mind!! What a cutie!!

Nisha
7th November 2006, 08:59 AM
ooooooooooh isnt he yummY!!!!! i could eat him all up with that adorable face!! simply gorgeous!

Forest
7th November 2006, 11:26 AM
Little Bertie is such a cutie!!! I bet you can't wait to get him home! We look forward to pics :)
Julie and the girls

Linda
7th November 2006, 03:53 PM
We found out the other day that he has a minor umbilical hernia. We didn't want to pull out as we had fallen in love with him, but the breeder is reluctant to reduce the price. She just says it's minor and if he needs an operation, she will pay for it.

Oh Bertie is stunning what a scrumptious little face he has. :D :D :D :D
He reminds me of my Darby at the same age. :wggle:

Darby also has a Umbilical Hernia which we plan on getting fixed when we get him neutered. We are hoping to wait until he is at least 1 year old. :xfngr:

Dudley also had a hernia, I believe it is pretty common and most folk get them repaired upon neutering/spaying.

Do you have him home with you now. ???????????????????? :lotsaluv:
I love how they look at that age.

mishmosh
8th November 2006, 11:45 AM
That's good to know. I got him yesterday (9 weeks tomorrow) and I'm taking him to my own vet for some advice!

He's a naughty little thing! Eating, biting and weeing everywhere!! I can see this toilet training a bit of a nightmare as he doesnt want to go outside in the dark and the cold!! Fortunately, he fell asleep in his bed at 11pm and we didnt hear a peep out of him until we got up :D

We were exhausted too! We had totally forgotten what a young lively pup was like as we had an old cavalier with health problems for such a long time !

I'll post up some pics soon!! He's growing a lovely coat already.

mishmosh
11th November 2006, 01:39 PM
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5914/dscn0429bh5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bertie exhausted after playing aged 9 weeks.

gocamping
11th November 2006, 01:44 PM
I love the name Bertie! How cute! Yep, you are now joining the ranks of the rest of us on housebreaking! lol Good that he slept through the night for you. Libby was really bad with that!

mishmosh
11th November 2006, 03:11 PM
He has now learnt that he gets a reward if he goes outside for a wee! He waits for it, if I forget! lol. He knows his name now and understands 'fetch' !!

It's hard work this puppy malarky isn't it? I'm exhausted! TBH, I can't wait for him to get older!

Claire
13th November 2006, 03:44 PM
What a lovely little guy, if you do a search we have discussed hernias about 4 weeks ago, my Busta has a little one and our vet said doesn't need anything doing with it.

mishmosh
13th November 2006, 10:11 PM
What a lovely little guy, if you do a search we have discussed hernias about 4 weeks ago, my Busta has a little one and our vet said doesn't need anything doing with it.

The breeder said it was 'minor' on the telephone. After I collected him and took him to my vet, my vet said it was 'moderate' - on a scale of 1 to 10, it was a 5 and would need operating on when he was at least 6 mths old.

Claire
14th November 2006, 02:35 PM
When you get him done, they will push it back up and stitch I would imagine.....

cavaliking_jules
15th November 2006, 02:52 PM
Oh my god!!! He looks just like mine when he was this age!!

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1769/male14640zz8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

What a cutie!!!!!!!