• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

puppia harness

ellie and charlie

just ordered my little girl ellie a puppia pink harness.but checked her size to chart and it says large??? dose this sound about right for a cavi.had to buy one once i saw all your dogs with them on there great. :wggle:

It depends on head size- a slim dog with a smallish head would probably be fine with medium; if the dog has a larger head (in proportion to it's size, as many cavs do) then better go for large. Did you check the measurement at the widest point around the ears?

ellie and charlie said:
just ordered my little girl ellie a puppia pink harness.but checked her size to chart and it says large??? dose this sound about right for a cavi.had to buy one once i saw all your dogs with them on there great. :wggle:

my experience is that the measurements given on the puppia site and on the sites of various online sellers is that they are good guidelines, i would advise measuring your dog and checking against those measurements. Cavaliers have a range of sizes, some cavaliers wear small, some medium and some large. Some fall in between. If your dog falls in between, i'd say definitely get the larger size since if it's too small, it probably won't fit over their head, but if the chest and neck are the same or smaller than what measurements are given on the web, you should be OK. A medium fits Zack perfectly, there is no way in the world he can get into a small. He can wear a large without silpping out of it, but it's loose on him compared to the medium. Belle falls in between a medium and small, so she has a medium. It's loose on her, but she doesn't slip out of it. They look great in them. :D

ellie and charlie said:
yes checked all measurments but ??????????? thought she was only tiny compared with most cavi but must be me. :oops:

oh, i see. well..good luck. i hope it fits. :xfngr:

Tandie has 2 puppias.. one is the regular sort that goes over the head and then buckles at the ribs. She's a medium in this. However in another sort (it's a pink stripey one) she's definately a large! (and not far off x large). This type doesn't go over the head, it has a buckle at the top, near the neck, and velcro around the rib cage. It's definitely much smaller fitting than the other type.

the harness i ordered was taking a long time so emailed seller,she has said i should have received it two days ago? so looks like iv wasted my money :x

I found with the "Step in" style I needed the next size up. For some reason they come up quite a bit smaller..... this little MADAM isn't keen on it though....so back to the normal harness we have gone...will put it up on :*bay: .... she is a fussy pants! :jump:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Ellie - you should contact her again, did you pay for postage and packing or recorded delivery, double check she had your correct details, etc. and when she posted it and how..... I know the post office loses some but they are normally pretty good - also try the local sorting office - sorry but you ordered it in good faith and should not lose out.... you paid for goods and you should get them.

It's good to read everyone one's comments on these, I just bought one for Cody. I bought a large because he is a big boy (16 pounds at 4 months!!!!! :yikes ). Wesley was about the same and is now 22 pounds. I'm guessing Cody will be about as big (if not bigger!!). He's not fat just long, lean and tall!! I didn't want to buy a medium then have to get a new one in two months... :sl*p: It should be coming in today. I hope it fits!!!

Does everyone here leave the puppia on all the time or just put it on for walks??

moniechris said:
It's good to read everyone one's comments on these, I just bought one for Cody. I bought a large because he is a big boy (16 pounds at 4 months!!!!! :yikes ). Wesley was about the same and is now 22 pounds. I'm guessing Cody will be about as big (if not bigger!!). He's not fat just long, lean and tall!! I didn't want to buy a medium then have to get a new one in two months... :sl*p: It should be coming in today. I hope it fits!!!

Does everyone here leave the puppia on all the time or just put it on for walks??

i think you made a wise decision on size. Zack is 16 pounds now at 13 months, the medium fits just right, a large will also fit but will be a bit loose, i tried one on him at the pet store, and though i didn't have a chance to really test it, it seemed as though it wasn't so loose that it would easily come off, and that was when he was more like 15 pounds at most. The medium has gotten tighter on him as he hit 16 pounds. I hope you will post about how the large fits Cody. At any rate, it does sound like he would quickly outgrow a medium.

I never leave a harness or collar on Zack as he is inside or in the backyard and can't get out so he doesn't need his tags. I might be leaving the harness on (his normal harness is the Easy Walker, not the Puppia) but my daughter Lisa's breeder advised her not to leave a collar on Belle because it would be better for her coat in the area to not have one on except for walks. i don't know if this is a widely shared opinion.

The puppia arrived today!! It was really big on Cody, but I tried it on Wesley and it fit him PERFECTLY (maybe about 2 inches of adjusting). I will keep it for Cody (as he is growing quickly) and purchase another for Wesley (probably a more manly version...camo perhaps??). A medium would fit Cody now, but I would definitely have to put it on the largest setting. It is so cute!! I think the baby blue stripes may be too girly for Wesley, but. Cody just has such a sweet little face, the stripes are quite fitting!

can cody slip out of the large now? i mean, is it WAY loose? Belle is too small for the medium but too big for the small, and the medium doesn't stay centered on her, it kind of falls over to the side (the clip part) and with some difficulty, she might slip out of it, but not easily. But if cody does fit a medium, then i bet the large is way loose.
i do think camo is a great choice for wesley :D very manly and more than manly, it's downright macho.

Dudley has 3 Puppia's and they are all mediums and they fit fine, he is just over 16 lbs.
Darby I ordered a Small for which I have misplaced and need to find as the medium is still a bit big on him.

I do find the Camo one is made a bit smaller but even that one is still too big for Darby he is 7 1/2 mths and weighs 13 lbs :D :D :D :D :D

The large is way too big for Cody right now, but he's only 4 months old. It falls to the side and I would be worried that he could slip out. I don't want to buy a medium, because I know it will be about two or three weeks before it would be too small. If I could adjust the large about three inches smaller, it would be perfect. I'm just so impatient!!! I want him to wear it now because it is so darn cute!!!

ellie and charlie said:
the harness i ordered was taking a long time so emailed seller,she has said i should have received it two days ago? so looks like iv wasted my money :x

:shock: If you paid for the Puppia by credit card and did not receive it, you must dispute the charge on your credit card. Contact the credit card and find out what to do in order to dispute, but do it as soon as possible. There is no way you should have to pay for something you didn't receive!

Cathy Moon said:
ellie and charlie said:

:shock: If you paid for the Puppia by credit card and did not receive it, you must dispute the charge on your credit card. Contact the credit card and find out what to do in order to dispute, but do it as soon as possible. There is no way you should have to pay for something you didn't receive!

i did this last year, it's easy, you just call the credit card company and tell them, they immediately begin the dispute or charge back, where they freeze the funds in the seller's account and they give you a temporary credit for the amount pending their investigation, which can take up to months. They send you a form to fill out, where you describe what you bought and why it's not satisfactory. They say if you are not satisfied that the item is what you paid for, they won't make you pay.

In this case, you just say you never received it. The seller will be asked for proof of shipping and proof of delivery, which probably doesn't exist, and either way, you didn't receive it which you'll say in their affadavit form, and the seller will not be paid. If they did ship it and you didn't receive it, it's between the seller and the shipper, the seller can use the shipping insurance, if they bought it, to try to get reimbursed by the shipping company. but your credit card company will reimburse you and reverse the payment to the seller.

If you used paypal, it's also easy, you just go to paypal's site and fill out their dispute form and say you never received the item. They contact the seller with your note informing them of the problem, and all contact between you and the seller goes through their site. They say the earlier you start having your communications go through their process, the better because then your notes back and forth to the seller will be documented in their system.

The thing that's cool is, they freeze the seller's paypal account, so if the seller has other auctions, they can't accept paypal from anyone, which usually causes them a lot of problems and motivates them to want to resolve the matter asap.

You can ask for an immediate refund, or ask that another puppia be sent to you if she has one and if you want that.

if you paid with a check, you might be able to get help through your bank by telling them there was a fraud and your money was stolen using their check. You can also stop payment on the check, but there is usually a big fee for doing that, as much as the price of the harness possibly.

Back