• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kosmo's crazy hair day

arasara

Here in Toronto it's getting quite cold outside. Because of this I've taken the wonderful plunge and decided to start trying to blow dry Kosmo.!!

His ears turned out wonderful.. but his butt looked like he was electrically fried.. !! :yikes It's sticking up everywhere!!

How on earth do you tame their back/butt hairs!? And did all of your cavaliers go through a stage where the butt hair seemed to stick straight out?! :yikes It looks ridiculous!! hehe ;) *don't tell Kosmo I said that!!*

I LOVE how he looks in this picture - it makes me melt all over.. :luv:

b60295717.jpg

His face looks great but as you get down his back his hair starts freaking out ~!! Are we just at an awkward stage?!

b60295776.jpg

:lol: Sara, are you using a human blow dryer on him? :lol:
That's how my pups' butts looked when I used my own blow dryer, because you have to keep it moving to avoid getting too hot.

I bought a dog blow dryer (the little dog house with the red roof), and because there is no heat you can hold it still in one direction to smooth the hair down. :)

Aaaww, that's about the cutest fuzzbutt I ever did see!

He's gorgeous, his coat is really coming in!

Sara, :flwr:

if you go into "Puppy Gallery" and look in the "Billy million miles" thread, you will see the doggy drier that I have for my dogs....if train them to stand then your drying will be easy....with a hands free dryer you can brush as you dry which seems to stop the bum frazzle which happens when they sit down with a damp bum!

For U.K folk these are on offer at Pet Smart /Pets at Home at the moment for £14, saving about £8! ...twin barrel, three heat and speeds, very quiet which is good for the dogs, you can higher and lower the heat flow as well, a valuable item. Very easy to use.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Aw Kosmo is looking great :l*v: :lotsaluv:
I think the sticky uppy bum hair adds character ;)

Call me crazy but I had no idea there was such thing as a dog blow dryer!! :lol: It was my human blow dryer, and yes, I was moving it around a lot so I didn't burn him. He was also sitting down for half of it and then he decided to put his back legs on the counter and his front legs on my shoulder.. LOL. Whatever, at least I could get under his tummy. You know, I think he may be too lazy to stand the whole time.. :lol: Thanks for the reccomendations on the blow dryer - I gotta go and check it out, LOL. Poor little lad gets made fun of whenever he has his back side facing either one of us. He really does look like he was electrically fried.. :lol:

Don't worry Sara, I had no idea Doggy blow dryers existed, but that is a great idea and it makes sense, especially with our pup's long ears and coats!

Adding that to the "To Buy" list... :*bay:

And what a handsome guy Kosmo is! Izzy says "Hubba Hubba!" :lotsaluv:

Beauregard's butt looked like that (and still does) after his last bath. I kinda think it's a 'mid hair growth' thing.

KC

What a great picture of Kosmo. He looks adorable. I too use a human blow dryer on my two. I use the low heat and medium speed. Neither of mine stand up for blow drying. They both lay on their sides and I work around them. What else is new?! :lol: Both of mine have "fuzzy butts". I do notice that the next day their rears aren't quite as crazy.

Oh Sara he looks stunning! He looks like a little pup in his avatar pic but he's really growing up. I can't wait for Coco's coat to come in!
:flwr:

Well I think you're still yummy Kos, even if your wicked Mamma laughs at you :lol: Charlie's bum fur is all over the place too - he always looks like he's been dragged through a hedge backwards :lol:

Oh Kosmo

Are you not standing nicely for Mommy, don't worry sweetie neither does your buddy Darby he runs away when he see's the hair dryer. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

He would much rather run mad than let me blow dry him. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:

Sara he is so so sweet, and so white must be that wonderful shampoo his mommy is using. :hug:

What a delicious little man he is.
:lotsaluv:

arasara said:
Call me crazy but I had no idea there was such thing as a dog blow dryer!! :lol:
Ditto! :lol: I use my blowdryer on Bella, too. I just put it on low, and on cool to warm heat. She actually digs the heat because she's usually shivering after a bath.

And I just love the 'puffball' look. It never seems to last long though, does it? One good romp outside and it's all over :D

Kosmo is one little sweetheart, fluffy bum or not! What a lovely dog.

Thanks Alison for info on doggy hair dryer. I've bought one this afternoon and am pleased with it. It's gentle enough for the pups to have come around it and inspected it while it is running, no running away from it. Just waiting for a rainy day now then I can try it out properly. In the meantime I will carry on getting them used to it. The stand makes it really handy for smoothing/brushing while drying.

Bonus: I can use this better on my own hair than my old hair dryer. I have shoulder problems and have been using a travel dryer for its lightness but I think I shall borrow the doggy dryer for my own hair and dry it totally hands free!

Lucys mum......

I have a confession icon_whistling .....I use it for my own hair as well!!!

Glad you are pleased with it! :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

LOL ok you know what now that you let the "cat out of the bag" I think I am gonna have to try it too!

Ooo Kosmo will start to like the blowdrying -- if I turn on the hairdryer to do MY hair I have a lineup of doglets waiting for a blast of warm air. They all try to get in front of whichever of them I am actually drying after a bath, too, to hog the warm air. :roll:

My two have got used to the doggy hair dryer in just a few days and now come running when I bring it out. They love to sit in front of it with the lovely warm air! Enjoy that luxury!
294680844_9c2bb4e590.jpg

Here they are posing on my bedroom windowsill.
294680851_8f6c31d4bc.jpg

Ohhh, you can tell how much they like their dryer! :) They look so sweet together! Lovely view out your window, too. :flwr:

Back