spay..... £75.00 inc VAT

vacc full course.... £34.00

microchipping... £15.00

thanks

sallymum
5th November 2006, 10:48 AM
At my local vets its

Spaying 90 euro
vacc 30 euro each so full course depending if they had the parvo or not 60-90 euro
microchipping 35 euro

Barbara Nixon
5th November 2006, 12:51 PM
If you are refering to the puppy double injection , then the later look about right. I haven't had a bitch for years so don't know the price of a spay, but as a dental cost £120 for Monty, I'd say the price you are quoted is very cheap.

Alison_Leighfield
5th November 2006, 01:26 PM
Yes, to my vets prices....thereabouts....not much in it. :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

misty
5th November 2006, 02:29 PM
Seems very reasonable to me :)

Maxxs_Mummy
5th November 2006, 02:32 PM
Seems very reasonable to me :)

Me too :D

lily
5th November 2006, 03:36 PM
oh good, have to think of a good pet insurance now!!!! :D

*Pauline*
5th November 2006, 03:50 PM
Very cheap. In Essex you can expect to pay half of that again.

Micro chipping cost £20

Vaccines cost £50

Spaying depends on the weight of the dog but it's still more expensive than yours.

Maxxs_Mummy
5th November 2006, 03:57 PM
When you go for insurance make sure you go for one with lifelong condition cover. I believe lots of people are going for Marks and spencer because they offer this.

I am with Argos and they used to do lifelong condition cover but changed their underwriters, the first I knew of it was when they refused to pay a continuation of a claim :shock: :(

Lisa_T
5th November 2006, 05:43 PM
My spay for Chloe will cost around £120. Vaccs and chipping were covered by the breeder, but I had to pay £20 for worming- and then the week after the same practice- but new management- charged me £20 for consultation.

Barbara Nixon
5th November 2006, 06:02 PM
My goodness Drontal Plus is under £2 per tablet from vet-medic.com. One tablet per 10kg of dog and P&P free if you order by phone (next day delivery usually)

merlinsmum
5th November 2006, 07:59 PM
My goodness - everyone seems to be finding my customers! I recenty spent the evening at a conference with the owner of Vetmedic.com!

Lisa_T
5th November 2006, 11:02 PM
Well, I'd be very happy to get the worming sachets things online if I can- as long as it's definitely ok, and they're the right doses for a Cav? Guidance here please :D Since this practice is the nearest to me, I'd rather stay with them. They've always been good- but if I can save £120 p.a. on worming, I'd be glad to. I have got Johnson's worming syrup, but I'm sure it's not as good as the real thing :?

alibunnylady
6th November 2006, 09:28 PM
oh good, have to think of a good pet insurance now!!!! :D

Marks and Spencer are very good, you can have a no excess policy if you want too.

Alison

Lisa_T
6th November 2006, 09:33 PM
True, though I'm not totally convinced that's how it works in practice. I signed up for the no excess, and that's what it says in the paperwork- but I still have to pay £50??? :yikes