PDA

View Full Version : URGENT 2 boys north east

AT
5th November 2006, 11:21 AM
I've just got a call to say 2 cav boys are in the kennels & are due to be put to sleep on tuesday.
one old & one bites , I dont know anything else

I'm going to try & get them out today, but I can't keep them long I already have 5 .

Can anyone help ?

more details when I get back

Karlin
5th November 2006, 12:09 PM
Call tour local breed rescue contact when you get in. They are listed in the breed rescue section at the top.

Alison_Leighfield
5th November 2006, 02:23 PM
Also try the main U.K Cavalier Club rescue which has regional departments and area contacts....

Mrs J.Pagen, 01245-320488. This number is available on their web page, hopefully she will be able to direct you to the right area....

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

merlinsmum
5th November 2006, 02:25 PM
Best of luck.....

AT
5th November 2006, 03:25 PM
They wouldnt let us take the oldie until Tuesday :( Poor thing looked so sad. I felt awful leaving him there.

The younger one is a big boy , seemed really nice until I tried to move him away from the food :roll: but he let me bath him no bother. He was actually due to be put to sleep today & they shut at 12 so I had to rush to get him

matties mum
5th November 2006, 03:39 PM
Good that you got him---Aileen

misty
5th November 2006, 03:45 PM
They wouldnt let us take the oldie until Tuesday :( Poor thing looked so sad. I felt awful leaving him there.

The younger one is a big boy , seemed really nice until I tried to move him away from the food :roll: but he let me bath him no bother. He was actually due to be put to sleep today & they shut at 12 so I had to rush to get him

you have pm!

merlinsmum
5th November 2006, 03:52 PM
What a relief you got there before they closed..... I'm sure the food guarding can be sorted out, not such a big problem really. Wonder why they wouldn't allow you to take the older one today?

Keep us updated

AT
5th November 2006, 04:01 PM
I think he was a stray so he has to wait 7 days before someone takes him or he's put down .....

I didnt dare look at him too closely or i'd have started crying.

I'm too blummin soft. one look from some brown eyes.........

misty
5th November 2006, 04:06 PM
Hi AT,

I work as a volunteer (and foster mum) for a spaniel rescue based in Northumberland. If you look at my details on here, you'll see I have a Many Tears rescue Cav, a Cav boy aged 6, and a permanent foster girl of unknown age.

I've just spoken to the lady who runs it, and she can help. She's run this rescue for 20+ years and never, never has let a dog down. If she encounters a dog that isn't fit, physically or mentally, for re-homing, she takes the dog on herself - she has about 20 dogs like this :).

I'm down in Middlesbro' later this afternoon, so if you pm me your no. I'll give you a ring. We probably need to speak to see how we can help.

I'm available to collect the other dog on Tuesday, or to help on behalf of NESSR (the rescue) at any time.

Cheers
Fran (misty)

Maxxs_Mummy
5th November 2006, 04:31 PM
Well done for gettingbhim out of there, Angela :flwr: Thanks for stepping in to help as well, Fran.

If anyone hears of any Cavaliers in Rescue in Worcestershire, Warwickshire or Gloucestershire then please let me know. I will always take them in to foster. My name is down with most of the larger organisations but you never know with changes of staff etc. I'd hate to think of any of them being PTS when they could be snuggled on a warm bed here until the right home is found.

misty
5th November 2006, 04:39 PM
:) :)

Angela and I have this in hand now :). Both boys will be safe.

Maxxs_Mummy
5th November 2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks girls :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Fran, my boys send you licky kisses and ask how K-Lun and Bwadlee are - they want to see more pics of Topseeeee as well ;) xxxxx

AT
5th November 2006, 06:21 PM
Thanks fran , your a star :D

They had an English Bull terrier brought in while we where there if anyone happens to hear of one missing . & various mongrel pups & adults .( I was told to look straight ahead & ignore anything but the cavs , but willpower is not my strong point :roll: )

Alison_Leighfield
5th November 2006, 06:38 PM
....mine neither!...no willpower in that department :lol: :lol: :lol:

(((hugs))) for you all for your very hard work :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.k.

Arne
5th November 2006, 07:13 PM
I knew that between Cynthia, Angela and Fran something would be sorted. On behalf of the cavaliers, a Big Thank You and some snoggs.

Karlin
5th November 2006, 07:56 PM
Good job!! You were really in the nick of time. :shock:

Someone might consider giving a name and contact details to pounds like this for any time a cavalier comes in, so they can call -- I know breed rescue has huge waiting lists for dogs too, so they should have somewhere to go if people can find out aboput them. If you have a little network established then it makes it a lot easier too! Some of our pounds won't let rescue help though. :(

A couple of weeks training usually really helps with food guarding. Cynthia is probably well familiar with it! It's a common enough problem.

I'm so glad this fellow is out and has a place to get started on a new life. :flwr:

AT
5th November 2006, 08:10 PM
A lady who does Bullmastiff rescue saw them when they collected a dog & told us about them.

There are a few pounds round here that refuse to give dogs to rescue & dont even seem to like the public adopting. Very sad to see a good dog put down & not be able to stop it ..........

misty
5th November 2006, 10:04 PM
A lady who does Bullmastiff rescue saw them when they collected a dog & told us about them.

There are a few pounds round here that refuse to give dogs to rescue & dont even seem to like the public adopting. Very sad to see a good dog put down & not be able to stop it ..........

That's dreadful, Angela.

Thank God you were able to act so quickly this morning .... the thought that this lad would be dead without you keeps haunting me. His life started again this morning :flwr:

Karlin
7th November 2006, 04:31 PM
Be sure to check the lost UK dogs, under cavaliers, on www.doglost.co.uk and www.lost-doggies.com/.

There are many dogs listed with pictures.

misty
7th November 2006, 08:01 PM
Both of these dogs are out of the pound and safe :).

Oscar, as he is now known, came out of the pound on Sunday and is spending a couple of nights with me before going into NESSR's care. Oscar had 2 homes, both of which gave him up because of aggression problems. I love him tho' :).

Angela has got the oldie out of the pound today .... we don't think he was a pet :(. The good news is he's being re-homed tomorrow :) :).

Angela, thank God you had the connections to get these dogs out in time.

:flwr:

AT
7th November 2006, 08:03 PM
Be sure to check the lost UK dogs, under cavaliers, on www.doglost.co.uk and www.lost-doggies.com/.

If the oldies owners ever turned up they would have a lot of explaining to do :x

He's been shaved, he's had 3 flea baths ( Heck they where big uns :shock: ) & is barking his head off upstairs on a nice fluffy cushion near the heater.

misty
7th November 2006, 08:17 PM

If the oldies owners ever turned up they would have a lot of explaining to do :x

He's been shaved, he's had 3 flea baths ( Heck they where big uns :shock: ) & is barking his head off upstairs on a nice fluffy cushion near the heater.

I don't think his "owners" would ever show up .... more likely he was let out after he'd served his purpose :x

Maxxs_Mummy
8th November 2006, 01:09 PM
How about we shoot them as they have no purpose at all ? I'd pull the trigger and I'm not a violent person but I hate to think of anyone hurting poor defenceless animals :cry*ing:

misty
8th November 2006, 02:59 PM
How about we shoot them as they have no purpose at all ? I'd pull the trigger and I'm not a violent person but I hate to think of anyone hurting poor defenceless animals :cry*ing:

shooting is too quick. Torture. :x

matties mum
11th November 2006, 10:34 PM

shooting is too quick. Torture. :x
The needle pins torture
I put in the pins ----Aileen

Maxxs_Mummy
13th November 2006, 12:02 AM
Oh I wasn't thinking of one good aim, but lots of small ones whilst they are tied to a tree :lol:

From the toes upwards methinks and over a period of time :lol:

Yeah, I know I'm an evil cow sometimes icon_whistling

misty
13th November 2006, 12:20 AM
Good news on Oscar - he's settled in at Cynthia's and has been happily running round the paddock. Returned when called and no grumping at all today :) :)

I miss him tho ;(

Karlin
13th November 2006, 01:30 AM
Lovely news folks. :)

Claire
13th November 2006, 01:35 PM
Big thanks to you human angels (Aileen, Karlin, Fran, etc.) who are giving these poor dogs another life...... :flwr: