PDA

View Full Version : We did it!!

Cathy T
6th November 2006, 12:07 AM
Shelby and Jake (never thought that one would happen!) got their Canine Good Citizen certificates today! Woooowhoooooo!! Way to go pupper dogs! I'm so excited. We've been doing an obedience class and the last hour of today's class was spent doing CGC testing and tunnels. I thought Shelby would pass but had my doubts about Jake. You know Shelby, studying hard for her test whereas Jake just read the Cliff notes :D I knew our challenge would be when I have to hand them off and then walk away and stay out of sight for 3 minutes. I expected Jake to fail this portion....howling like a banshee. But he didn't! In the last 3 weeks he has been working off and on with someone else in class to get him used to being handled by other people. And it worked!

BarbMazz
6th November 2006, 12:12 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm impressed! Testing with two at once!!

b*n*n* b*n*n* b*n*n* b*n*n* b*n*n*

Maxxs_Mummy
6th November 2006, 12:14 AM
:w**h**: :mexwav: Well done you clever babies :mexwav: :w**h**:

Cathy, I'll bet you're elated - now go celebrate :cffee:

Karlin, we need a champagne emoticon please :lol:

enchantingdragon
6th November 2006, 12:20 AM
Congrats Shelby and Jake! :jump:

judy
6th November 2006, 12:24 AM
ALL RIGHT! What an inspiration! nice work by all three of you. Congratulations! :flwr:

Coco's mom
6th November 2006, 12:36 AM
:pi*no: Good job Shelby and Jake!
Congrats to all of you! You must be so relieved and so proud!
cl*p :jmp2:

Mary
6th November 2006, 12:38 AM
Way to go Shelby and Jake!! Yahoo!!!!! :w*w:

Lindsay
6th November 2006, 12:42 AM
That is great news! It's a proud day :D Congrats to Jake, Shelby & Cathy!

Cathy Moon
6th November 2006, 01:01 AM
cl*p :thmbsup: Yayyy, Shelby and Jake! :)

Karlin
6th November 2006, 01:05 AM
That's really fantastic; I've jealous! How exciting to have them both qualified. :) I cannot IMAGINE Jaspar sitting patiently for three minutes with me out of sight but you have given me hope that miracles can happen with good training! :jmp2:

pippa
6th November 2006, 01:18 AM
Well Done Jake and Shelby! :jump:

WillowsMom
6th November 2006, 01:56 AM
Yay! That's sooo exciting! I hope to someday have Willow be a CGC - it just seems so far off! Woohoo, Shelby and Jake!!

b*n*n*

LauraD
6th November 2006, 02:51 AM
YAY!! :jump: Congratulations Cathy, Shelby and Jake! I bet you're are bursting with pride for you 2 little fur-kids Cathy. Well done. cl*p
I hope to someday have Riley earn a CGC, i guess i may have a few years to wait until he is ready. But if you can do it, so can I. :)

Cathy T
6th November 2006, 02:55 AM
Listen...if we did it anyone can do it. I totally expected Jake not to pass and was completely prepared for it. I figured we would find out what he needed work on and would go for it again. I had read about so many others who passed and thought "no way!". To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. I was able to walk away from Jake, out of sight, for 3 whole minutes. Amazing! I credit the trainer with this huge accomplishment. She has been so wonderful and patient with us.

debjen
6th November 2006, 04:09 AM
Congrats on the CGC

Alison_Leighfield
6th November 2006, 07:04 AM
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent...one very proud Mom for sure! :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

matties mum
6th November 2006, 07:37 AM
:jump: b*n*n* that is the way to go---Aileen

Forest
6th November 2006, 07:47 AM
Oh what a couple of clever clogs we have here!!! To say nothing of their very smart Mum!!! Jake CGC and Shelby CGC :rah: :w**h**:
Julie and the girls

selina
6th November 2006, 07:49 AM
That is fantastic Cathy. I bet you are really proud of your furbabies. You should be proud of yourself too, for all your hard work and dedication. :mexwav:

Nisha
6th November 2006, 08:07 AM
cl*p :rah: :w**h**: YAY!!! way to go Jake and Shelby!(and ofcourse their intelligent mum)

That is brilliant news Cathy!!!!! You must be SOO proud of your beautiful furbabies! Great work! :thmbsup:

Vickie
6th November 2006, 10:25 AM
:w**h**: well done Jake and Shelby :mexwav: fantastic news!!! And well done Cathy too - they couldn't have done it without you :D

misty
6th November 2006, 11:03 AM
ooh congratulations! How wonderful - i've got a big grin on my face :)

merlinsmum
6th November 2006, 12:54 PM
:jump: Congratulation Jake and Shelby :jump: - what a proud mummy you have!

Cathy - was it the Silver award they passed ( do you have the different grades in the US?)

*Pauline*
6th November 2006, 01:31 PM
Well done Jake and Shelby :dogwlk:

Linda
6th November 2006, 02:12 PM
:mexwav: Alright Jake and Shelby

WAY TO GO :w**h**:

Cathy you are such a wonderful wonderful mommy to these lovebugs.

How proud you must be. :pi*no:

Cathy T
6th November 2006, 03:42 PM
Cathy - was it the Silver award they passed ( do you have the different grades in the US?)

We don't have different grades. Just a standard test with 10 or so items to be done.

Claire L
6th November 2006, 08:13 PM
:thmbsup: Never doubted you guys for a second!! :jump:

Congratulations Jake and Shelby :flwr: :hug: :flwr: :hug:

Think they deserve a holiday now Cathy - can you send them over to Ireland please :D :D :D

:flwr: Congratulations to you too Cathy, you're a great Mom...

Chelle
6th November 2006, 08:36 PM
Congratulations!!

You must be very proud! :flwr:

bsam101
6th November 2006, 10:49 PM
Congratulations!!!! I knew they both would be successful. They really love and wanted to please their mommy. Jake sounds like Beau. Remember the story "Leo the late Bloomer?" The boys need a little more time and then they are perfect. My little Miss Belle, passed the first time, but boy is she stubborn. I ordered the Canine Good Citizenship tags for their IDs. They are really nice and Special. Looks great on their collars.

Cathy Moon
7th November 2006, 12:23 AM
Order the GCG patches too! You can sew them onto their Puppias! :)

Cathy T
7th November 2006, 01:21 AM
Very cool idea Cathy!!

arasara
7th November 2006, 03:26 AM
WOOHOO Cathy!! :w**h**:

I never doubted you for a moment Jake, even if your mama had her doubts!! You are one smart cookie!!

And Shelby, we knew you would have to pass as you just have that "smartest kid in the class" look about you. It's genetics, hun!

So what are you planning to do with these newly acquired canine good citizens Cathy?!