• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We did it!!

Cathy T

Shelby and Jake (never thought that one would happen!) got their Canine Good Citizen certificates today! Woooowhoooooo!! Way to go pupper dogs! I'm so excited. We've been doing an obedience class and the last hour of today's class was spent doing CGC testing and tunnels. I thought Shelby would pass but had my doubts about Jake. You know Shelby, studying hard for her test whereas Jake just read the Cliff notes :D I knew our challenge would be when I have to hand them off and then walk away and stay out of sight for 3 minutes. I expected Jake to fail this portion....howling like a banshee. But he didn't! In the last 3 weeks he has been working off and on with someone else in class to get him used to being handled by other people. And it worked!

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm impressed! Testing with two at once!!

b*n*n* b*n*n* b*n*n* b*n*n* b*n*n*

:w**h**: :mexwav: Well done you clever babies :mexwav: :w**h**:

Cathy, I'll bet you're elated - now go celebrate :cffee:

Karlin, we need a champagne emoticon please :lol:

ALL RIGHT! What an inspiration! nice work by all three of you. Congratulations! :flwr:

:pi*no: Good job Shelby and Jake!
Congrats to all of you! You must be so relieved and so proud!
cl*p :jmp2:

That's really fantastic; I've jealous! How exciting to have them both qualified. :) I cannot IMAGINE Jaspar sitting patiently for three minutes with me out of sight but you have given me hope that miracles can happen with good training! :jmp2:

Yay! That's sooo exciting! I hope to someday have Willow be a CGC - it just seems so far off! Woohoo, Shelby and Jake!!

b*n*n*

YAY!! :jump: Congratulations Cathy, Shelby and Jake! I bet you're are bursting with pride for you 2 little fur-kids Cathy. Well done. cl*p
I hope to someday have Riley earn a CGC, i guess i may have a few years to wait until he is ready. But if you can do it, so can I. :)

Listen...if we did it anyone can do it. I totally expected Jake not to pass and was completely prepared for it. I figured we would find out what he needed work on and would go for it again. I had read about so many others who passed and thought "no way!". To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. I was able to walk away from Jake, out of sight, for 3 whole minutes. Amazing! I credit the trainer with this huge accomplishment. She has been so wonderful and patient with us.

Oh what a couple of clever clogs we have here!!! To say nothing of their very smart Mum!!! Jake CGC and Shelby CGC :rah: :w**h**:
Julie and the girls

That is fantastic Cathy. I bet you are really proud of your furbabies. You should be proud of yourself too, for all your hard work and dedication. :mexwav:

cl*p :rah: :w**h**: YAY!!! way to go Jake and Shelby!(and ofcourse their intelligent mum)

That is brilliant news Cathy!!!!! You must be SOO proud of your beautiful furbabies! Great work! (y)

Back