• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Green-eyed monster

frecklesmom

Freckles starting to show jealousy behavior re: anyone else being on my lap. Need some ideas. So far a slight wrinkling of nose and some hostile staring at the culprit :sl*p:

When the dog does that immediately and calmly put Freckles on the ground for at least five minutes and ignore. That's a kind of aggression you don't want to develop as it can get out of hand. Freckles needs to know that getting defensive like that means 'I don't get to be where I want to be' (eg the good times end). It would be good to teach the relax command and down stays as well -- I'd put Freckles down and into a relax as just going into the relax position itself helps dogs to relax. If you haven't had Freckles in obedience yet now would be a good time to start.

Relaxed down:

www.deesdogs.com/documents/therelaxeddown.pdf

Back