• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Travelling with Zack

judy

I've never travelled with Zack before. On Thursday, i took him in the car to another town, where my daughter lives, she was having surgery Friday and i went to help out, so i got a Motel 6 for two nights. We spent most of the time at Lisa and Joe's place, but we spent the nights in the motel. It's the first time i've slept at night with Zack. He was easy to sleep with. I had been unsure if i was going to get any sleep, i thought he would bark if he heard noises outside. I chose a unit that was as far from the office as possible, on the top floor, on a corner. It was quiet there except for the sound of the freeway, and the heater made some white noise which helped to block out outside noises. Zack slept on the bed with me, i brought his bed pillow and blankets from home. He also slept on the floor on the wee wee pad i had brought along just in case. I didn't bring his crate at all. He was quiet all night. I really enjoyed it, he was good company. He was worn out from playing with Belle all day anyway, and it seemed like i was keeping him up until i finally turned off the light.

When it was time to check out and the trip was ending, i wished we could stay another day.

:) sounds like you guys had a lovely stay there..! glad to know that Zack was a great night companion..im sure he loved sleeping with his mummy! :p

btw is your daughter alright now? :?

That's wonderful that he got on so well at the motel. This could be the start of some interesting trips and vacations with him! Dog Fancy magazine has an article each month on good places to vacation with your dog. :flwr:

Hope your daughter gets well soon! :flwr:

Glad he settled OK Judy, I couldn't imagine not sleeping with a dog or two now :lol:

Sometimes, Maxx wanders out to his bed on the landing to sleep and I have to bring him back into the bedroom or I can't sleep myself :roll:

Hope your daughter has a speedy recovery :hug:

Judy,
I am glad that your daughter is coming along ok with recovery. :flwr: Must have been rather tough for you.
Sound like you and Zack will be fine if you decide on any future hotel stays or vacations. That was probably a great relief for you.
We took Riley to a hotel for 1 night about a month ago. There was a dog show in town, so there were a lot of other dogs in the hotel and he could hear them. (Unfortunately we were on the first floor, not far from the lobby). He did bark a few times once we got settled for the night, so we brought him in the bed (which we don't do at home) and he settled right in. We hope to do more traveling with him and it's very helpful if dogs can be okay in a hotel room.
Zack is such a great little guy, he is just the perfect doggie isn't he? :D You must be very proud of him.

Back