• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shower scene

selina

Okay so I knew cavy's liked to be with you, but this is just to much :roll:
So, this morning I am quite happily standing in the shower when all of a sudden my legs are getting a cleaning from a certain puppies tongue. Hubby says when I get out of the shower "How come he's wet?" Probably cos he just took a shower with me. And now he ( Jeremy not Hubby ) wants me to pick him up and hold him like a baby while typing on the computer. Ah Cavy's cant live without them and just cant live without em.

Too funny! My Lily likes to "dry" my legs when I get out of the shower. My cat used to do this to my feet. So I guess it cuts down on how much drying I need to do! :lol:

:lol: Yes Cavvies are funny that way. So far i don't have to shower with mine, but he does like to come in as soon as i'm done. He thinks that he needs to lick the tiles dry. :sl*p: Gee how did the tiles ever dry on their own before him? :lpy:

Spencer pushes the curtain aside and makes sure that I am not doing anything fun and that he isn't missing out on anything. :roll: Izzy uses my shower time to find something to get into that she can't while I am watching her :roll: :roll:

hahaha.. pretty funny stories :lol: my girl hates the bathroom.. it's where the hairdryer is .. icon_whistling
i read before that cavys love swimming! tried to make her play with water, instead she gave an angry face :x saying " MOMMY, quit it !!! "
how to teach her to swim .. anybody ............? :(

that's so funny @!! I love all of these stories they crack me up.

Re: How to make them swim.

I took kosmo's favorite fetch toy down to the pond and i started playing with him on the shore with it. Then I thew it about an inch into the water.. then 2 .. then 3.. then so on. ;) He is still too much of a scaredy cat to completely submerse himself in the water, but at least he's not scared and he'll voluntarily chase something in the water now! :)

Mine are exactly the same- with the shower and the computer. You just have to learn to type one handed!!! :D
Julie and the girls

Gosh I love my Cav. She cracks me up! I love the little things she does. I am trying to get her used to the water. She went "swimming" in the pool, but I was wondering if the chlorine was bad for her? Anyone know? I have yet to take her anywhere else. We will make a trip to the beach soon I am sure and she will be coming along.

I actually was the manager of a chemical department of a swimming pool store when I was working through college.

From what I was taught, chlorine is no worse for dogs than it is for humans. Obviously you don't want them ingesting the chlorine sticks or pucks or shock. If you sense the pool is overly chlorinated, don't let them in it, and don't even put yourself in it! A normal chlorine level is between 1-3 ppm.

Little pool nerd moment there for me :sl*p:

LOL! :lol: Pool nerd - thanks!
I thought that was about right. My mother raves about her "perfect pool water" all the time! She is always getting her water tested at the pool store and has never been off. Sheesh! I guess that means Lily is safe.

Gus used to cry outside the shower because he couldn't see me, now he just lays on the bathmat and waits... unless the devil has him by the tail and my running shoes or sunglasses are in reach... he loves those two things!

Back